Calories per meal

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
I'm keeping track of my calories via my fitness pal (add me! xhayz) which wants me to have 1200 calories a day. How would you split that up per meal. I know dinner should b your majority.
I'm aiming to loose 2 1/2 stone (currently 11 6 and I want to be 9)

Dinner and breakfast majority is what I'm going for! Maybe 400 brekkie, 500 tea, 200 lunch, 100 snack?? I'll add you on MFP xx

I doesn't let you add by username, what's your email?xx

I don't eat breakfast even though I probably should. I'd probably split it 400 for each breakfast, lunch and dinner, or take 100 off one of the earlier meals and have a snack in the evening as that's when willpower seems to be at the weakest

Thanks ladies trying Togo into requests but it keeps loading!!! Hope u all have had a good day and might steal some meal ideas! Xx

Don't forget, any calories burned by exercise are supposed to be consumed.

1200 should be consumed too.

So say you burn 300 calories from exercise and consumed 1200 calories, the 300 exercise would be taken away to give you a NET of 900 and you would need to eat those again.

The method does work because your body is already running at a deficit.

Don't forget, any calories burned by exercise are supposed to be consumed.

1200 should be consumed too.

So say you burn 300 calories from exercise and consumed 1200 calories, the 300 exercise would be taken away to give you a NET of 900 and you would need to eat those again.

The method does work because your body is already running at a deficit.

Thanks but that still confused me a little with the net weigh etc could you re explain thanks! Xx

Think of it as your wage.

Imagine you get 1,700 a day (don't we all wish we did?). You eat 1,700 calories a day also. This is your gross.
You get taxed 500 for insurance etc, you lose 500 calories in exercise.
Your net wage is 1,200 (still not too shabby) and your net calories are also 1,200.

The net has to 1,200 but if you consume 1,700, you need to burn 500 in exercise.

Total calories ate - minus exercise calories burned = 1,200

If you concentrate on the calories remaining, you'll pick it up in a few days.

MFP has already calculated what it needs to and if you consume a lower net than advised, you risk not losing weight as your body will hold on to food.

Awe thanks for that that makes sense now I have been doing some exercise but not too much
This is my first ever diet (don't hate me!) I have never had to in the past so I'm still trying to get me head round it all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->