Calvin's Hats ... FYI

kam78

Reaction score
While strolling thru interent, I came acrossed a Non-profit Organization that once I read about and learned a lil more about, I fell completely in love with them ...
Calvin's Hats... I recieved such a blessing from them today ...♥

Google them and I think they may be a blessing to you as well :flower:

Really made me stop and think... "what can "I" do for someone"...:hugs:

How strange that just the other day I found a UK organisation that does the same - Lisa's Stars they are called. It upset me so much that Emily had nothing - just naked :cry: But they make little knitted items like hats and wraps for tiny babies like ours :hugs:

I've decided I am going to teach myself to knit so I can knit for them for my local hospital so future tiny babies can have nice handmade items for their forever beds.

Hi,

thanks for posting this. Our girls were born at 23 weeks. The hospital supplied knitted hats for them. It might sound stupid, but we also wanted them to have an outfit each to wear. A few days after they were born, we went out to mothercare and managed to get tiny premature clothes for them - still a wee bit too big, but the best we could do. It was heartbreaking going in there and I remember thinking afterwards, what could I do to help other people so they didn't have to go through the same thing? It meant a lot to me that someone else had gone to the effort to knit the hats they were given, but I was determined they would have outfits too.

I'm not particularly crafted, but I did wonder how difficult it would be to learn how to make some kind of outfit. Maybe I should start with learning how to knit a blanket/hat first though? Some people, like the person who started Lisa's stars,Calvins hats, or Carly, who does the names in the sand at sunset, are so inspirational, turning their grief into something positive, it makes me want to make a difference too.

xx

Thank you for that. I have ordered one for her keepsake box. I wish I could have had one to bury her in. We sort of wrapped her all snug into a snuggle blankie x

it has completely inspired me to learn how to knit!! : )

I knit for PreemiesUK (their site is really horrid but it's a genuine group :) ). The Angel Pocket is really quick and easy to knit so would be ideal for anyone just starting to knit. This is their blog which shows all the donations they receive: https://ukpreemies.blogspot.com/ . I believe that the knitted creations are sent to hospitals throughout the UK.

For those of you who are inspired to start, have a look in charity shops as they often have really cheap needles & wool. I also love Hobbycraft because they do fantastic ranges of cheap wool and needles.

thanks for the inspiration, ladies! I have ordered a knitting book for beginners, a pair of needles and a ball of baby yarn, will let you know how it goes next week once they all arrive!

I thought I may as well make myself useful while I've got all this time on my hands at the moment. Although I suspect it may be a while before anything I make could be considered useful!!

xx

knitting update, lol! Equipment arrived Monday, and I have already knitted a tiny blanket. It was much easier than I thought it would be, to learn the basic technique. I'm sure I will get better over time, but even my first attempt looks half-decent. I found it quite therapeutic too :)

Definately worth considering taking up, especially for such a good cause close to all our hearts

x

Aw I think that is great. I think knitting for hospitals is such a good idea. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->