Camera/Mobile in theatre??

Kielee

Reaction score
Can you ladies please help.. My OH thinks that he won't be allowed to take either of these in with us to take pictures when the twins are born, is this the case?

If so will he be allowed either in recovery to take pics and also at this point make phone calls if we feel like it?

Thank you xx:flower:

You can defo take a camera. Even though I had a catagory 2 emergency section, they told OH to grab the camera! I'm fairly sure mobiles arn't allowed into recovery though, they generally arn't allowed on wards as they can affect the monitors :)

Hurm sounds like I need to make a note to ask them next week when we go, I know we can have them on the ward so im glad of that x

i cud have it on the ward/charge it etc but werent allowed in theatre , im glad actually, taking pics was last thing on my mind:(

My mum took my camera into theatre. I asked at my pre op appoitment. They said if you want photos of the actual surgery, it's down to the individual surgeon. Got photos of him being weighed and a cuddle with me though. Really pleased as these are the only photos we have of Joshua :( x

The staff encouraged the camera in theatre in our hospital. They wanted OH sat by my head facing me rather than watching what was going on (presumably so he didn't freak me out with horrified faces - tho he is interested in that sort of thing rather than grossed out by operations) so videoing probly wouldn't have been allowed but as soon as she was out they encouraged him to take photos of her after he trimmed the cord, when she was weighed etc. He used his phone in delivery suite afterwards, not sure if he was supposed to or not tho!

I had my LO in the PRUH and my partner was able to take a pic on his mobile of our LO being weighed whilst still in theatre and I was kept in recovery for quite a long time due to high blood loss and whilst I didn't make any calls I was allowed to send text messages as I took a pic and sent out the text to everyone about our LOs arrival. I also used my phone all of the time when I was on the ward. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->