CamoQueen's Clean Eating Journal

ZOMG, yesterday's burger was the best I have eaten in my entire life!!!:thumbup: I made them using 3 tsp of this seasoning https://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/emerils-seasoned-beef-burgers.html, 1/3 cup crushed cheese crackers, and 1 egg per lb of lean beef (we did 93/7 because the fat drips off when you grill). DH and I could not stop raving about the taste! It's now a plan of ours to grill burgers every Friday afternoon after a swim.:happydance:

Today's plan:

Breakfast -- Biscuit with olive oil 'butter' spread and real fruit jam; coffee
Snack -- Blueberries with light whipped cream
Lunch -- Open-faced sandwich with whole wheat bread, lean ham, and cheese
Snack -- Tofu pumpkin pudding
Dinner -- Fajitas with chicken breast, onion, and pepper on whole wheat tortillas
Snack -- 2 ginger lemon cookies

Yesterday was great; the fajitas were awesome.:happydance: DH was super happy because he loooooves fajitas and I've never made them for him before. He had 4!

Here's today:

Breakfast -- Meusli with soy milk
Snack -- Tofu pumpkin pudding with pecans
Lunch -- Ham and cheese on whole wheat english muffin
Snack -- Blueberries with light whipped cream
Dinner -- Split pea soup with tofu (this recipe: https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Split-Pea-Soup-with-Tofu/Detail.aspx)

Today was good, business as usual. Here's the plan of today:

Breakfast -- Meusli with soy milk; coffee
Snack -- Pineapple with plain yogurt
Lunch -- Ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat
Snack -- Tofu pudding
Dinner -- Split pea soup with tofu; wheat roll

Here's today's plan:

Lunch -- Lean steak chili
Snack -- (More) pineapple with plain yogurt
Dinner -- Leftover soup with wheat roll
Snack -- Small cup clean ice cream

Things are going well. DH has been happy with the dinners I've been making, even though they're clean and healthy. His only request is that I don't tell him how healthy they are, lol. As long as he thinks it's bad for him, he can enjoy it!

Ha ha, I just realized I forgot to post yesterday!:dohh: Well, thankfully today's plan is a lot like yesterday's was, so just imagine this post, pretty much doubled:thumbup::

Breakfast -- Muesli with soy milk; coffee
Snack -- Protein bar
Lunch -- Ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat
Dinner -- Soup leftovers
Snack -- Tofu pudding

Everything's going great... DH is actually starting up his eating on Monday and is taking his cue from me! Here's today's menu:

Snack -- Protein bar
Lunch -- CE grilled cheese on sprouted grain bread
Snack -- Lara bar
Dinner -- Whole wheat pasta with veggie sauce

Starting Monday I've also decided to start exercising 5 days a week. DH and I have started a plan where we keep track of our eating and exercise and for every 7 days we keep it up, we get $20 towards whatever we want. It's not a lot, but it's a good incentive to keep going!

Man, I forgot to post yesterday, sorry about that! :wacko: David's teething for the first time and I am having a BLAST dealing with that one.:dohh: Soooo fussy...

Anyway, I'm starting exercising 5 days a week (starting today), so I did a 20 minute sculpting routine and later I'm hitting cardio for 30 minutes, just the elliptical or something. Here's today's menu:

Breakfast -- One whole egg and two whites, scrambled with onion and tomato and topped with 1 Tbsp fat free feta cheese and 1 T salsa
Snack -- Blueberries with plain yogurt
Lunch -- Cup split pea soup; grapes
Snack -- Protein bar
Dinner -- Lemon pepper salmon with green beans
Snack -- 1 square 86% dark chocolate

Yesterday was good. Today I woke up and wanted pancakes, so I made this recipe I got off allrecipes.com -- it's 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, and 2 T canola oil for the batter, which makes 4 servings (of 2 small pancakes each). It sounds nasty but it's actually really, really tasty. I topped it with blueberry syrup; basically, you mash 1/2 cup blueberries and add 1 T water and bring it to a boil, then let it simmer 'til it's syrupy. It gets very sweet and it's all natural!:happydance:

Well, since David can mash foods now, I let him have a pancake. He ripped that thing up... he ate maybe 1/3 of it, and the rest went on the floor. But man, oh man, did he have a good time! Even if it was hell to clean up, we both liked it and I definitely recommend them if you're looking for a high-protein pancake recipe.:thumbup:

Anyway. Here's today:

Breakfast -- Cottage cheese pancakes with blueberry syrup
Snack -- 2% Fage yogurt with honey
Lunch -- Grilled cheese on whole wheat (with cooking spray on pan instead of butter on the bread); fresh cherries
Snack -- Sliced mango and yogurt
Dinner -- Yakisoba stir-fry with loads of veggies (2 zucchini, 1 head broccoli, 2 carrots, 1/2 purple onion) and sweet homemade teriyaki sauce

Exercise: 30 minutes on the elliptical; I am still sore from yesterday's strength routine!:wacko:

Yesterday was good, today is going well, too. Tomorrow I'm going with DH to a work picnic in the afternoon. I figure they probably won't have anything healthy, so I'm just going to eat before we go. Still, I hate being around that kind of food... it's always tempting, you know?

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast -- Meusli with soy milk
Snack -- Lara bar in cashew cookie flavor (Lara bars are awesome -- all raw, vegan stuff -- the cashew cookie bar has nothing but cashews and dates in it and it tastes amazing)
Lunch -- Wwheat English muffin with natural PB and honey; 1 piece part-skim string cheese; cherries
Snack -- Protein bar
Dinner -- Couscous salad; fresh mango slices
Snack -- 1 square 86% dark chocolate; coffee

Exercise: 30 minute strength training routine

Today was another good day. We went to DH's work picnic and avoided all the food (nothing healthy in sight!). Here was today:

Breakfast -- Toasted whole wheat English muffin with PB and honey
Snack -- Iced coffee with soy milk and Splenda
Lunch -- Leftover couscous salad
Snack -- Luna bar
Dinner -- Top sirloin steak and grilled asparagus
Snack -- Fresh pineapple chunks; 2 squares dark cocoa

Exercise -- 30 minute brisk walk on treadmill

Lately I have been having these major cravings for toasted English muffins with PB and honey. I don't know why... I mean, they are SO GOOD and taste AMAZING, but I could really eat like 6 a day, day after day after day! Thankfully they're good for me. Still, I'm not a person to get major food cravings like that. Wonder why?

Today went as follows:thumbup::

Breakfast -- Toasted wwheat English muffin with PB and honey; iced coffee
Snack -- Protein bar
Lunch -- Tofu noodles and veggies stir-fry; cherries
Snack -- Strawberries with yogurt and honey
Dinner -- Homemade part-skim ricotta gnocchi with veggie sauce
Snack -- Pineapple and kiwi, sliced

Exercise: Strength training routine

Ahh, I'm having a nice day! DH had today off and made us breakfast, and it was really good! Plus it's always a treat to have a couple days with my two favorite men in the world.:cloud9:

Here was today:

Breakfast -- Breakfast burrito with whole wheat tortilla; iced coffee
Snack -- Soy protein bar
Lunch -- Tomato penne pasta; grapes
Snack -- 100 cal popcorn
Dinner -- Salmon with green beans; yogurt with honey
Snack -- Wwheat English muffin with PB and honey

My iced coffees are so good... they're just like Starbucks but way cheaper. I basically take 3/4 cup cold coffee (in the fridge from the night before), pour it over ice, then add 1 cup cold soy milk and 2 packs of Splenda and ta-da! Fifty cent iced coffee! Much better for my budget than buying them every day, and you can alter the ratio of milk to coffee to your tastes. Yummy!:happydance:

Ugh, sorry about forgetting to post yesterday, DH was off and we spent the day having fun together and it just slipped my mind! We grilled some great burgers at lunch and just vegged in front of the TV. It was really nice.

Here's today's eating:

Breakfast -- Wwheat english muffin with PB and buckwheat honey; iced coffee
Snack -- Sliced strawberries and plain yogurt
Lunch -- Split pea soup; grapes
Snack -- Protein bar
Dinner -- Shrimp and feta pasta
Snack -- Sliced mango and cottage cheese

Today's going really well. DH came home from work yesterday just glowing with happiness -- he weighed himself for the first time in a month and he's lost 8 lb!!!:happydance: He told me it made him happy all day long. I'm so proud of him!:thumbup:

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast -- Cottage cheese pancakes with sweet potato butter; iced coffee
Snack -- Protein bar
Lunch -- Split pea soup; grapes
Snack -- Dried figs and nuts; 10 olives
Dinner -- Baked chicken parmesan with quinoa pasta and veggie sauce
Snack -- Sliced fresh pineapple with plain yogurt

Exercise: 30 minutes fast walking

Yesterday went well, although the chicken was a microwave recipe and I didn't take in account the upped wattage of my microwave, and the chicken ended up a dried out hockey puck!:dohh: Thankfully I made some quinoa pasta as well, so there was something decent to eat. DH, bless his heart, did all he could to make me feel better about it. But wow, how embarassing.:blush:

Here's today, hopefully the dinner will make up for yesterday's fiasco:

Breakfast -- Two cottage cheese pancakes with raw buckwheat honey; iced coffee
Snack -- Apple pie flavored Lara bar
Lunch -- CE grilled cheese sandwich (using Smart Balance spread, sprouted grain bread, and part-skim cheese); grapes
Snack -- Strawberries in plain yogurt with honey; 10 olives
Dinner -- Whole wheat spaghetti with turkey meatballs and veg sauce
Snack -- Fresh pineapple and fat-free cottage cheese

Thankfully last night's dinner turned out really well! I'm looking forward to tonight, too, because we're grilling steak (don't worry, it's lean!). Yummmmmy...

Today's menu:

Breakfast -- Blueberry omega-3 cereal with soy milk; iced coffee
Snack -- Lara bar
Lunch -- Grilled cheese sandwich (like yesterday); pineapple
Snack -- Dried figs and plain yogurt
Dinner -- Top sirloin steak; asparagus
Snack -- Fresh cantelope; 1 piece light string cheese

Exercise: 30 minutes jogging/walking intervals

Today's menu::thumbup:

Breakfast -- Blueberry fiber cereal with soy milk; iced coffee
Snack -- Wwheat English muffin with PB and raw honey
Lunch -- CE grilled cheese; handful baked chips
Snack -- Grapes; plain yogurt with raw honey
Dinner -- Salmon and green beans
Snack -- Cantelope; light string cheese

its been over a month hun, have you seen any weight loss yourself? What about how you feel, energy, etc? Are you craving sugar and salt less? You've done SO well!

its been over a month hun, have you seen any weight loss yourself? What about how you feel, energy, etc? Are you craving sugar and salt less? You've done SO well!

You know, I haven't re-weighed or done new measurements or anything. I guess I figure the longer I go, the happier I will be with the numbers! I definitely feel lighter and have more energy, and less cravings for sugar, and my clothes are pretty loose on me. Sweets were always the big thing for me... the more I have them, the more I want them. But it's been pretty easy since I got through the first two weeks. It's more automatic, you know?

Yeah, I figure since I've done well I can let myself be a little free on my birthday that's coming up in a few days. I picked out this Mexican place to go to for dinner, and I think I'm going to have a big ol' chocolate shake for dessert!:happydance: Ha ha, I miss that kind of stuff sometimes!

Here was today:

Breakfast -- Blueberry cereal with soy milk; iced coffee
Snack -- Lara bar
Lunch -- Quesadilla made with 1/2 cup light mozzarella, salsa, and a whole wheat tortilla
Snack -- Cantelope; light string cheese
Dinner -- Salmon and green beans
Snack -- Grapes; yogurt with honey

DH has the day off with me, so no exercise had by this lazy girl! Though I did take the time to move the remote to the TV and then back down to the couch again.:winkwink:

Today was really fun. DH was off again, so we spent our day relaxing and did a little clothes shopping. He bought three shirts and I bought two and a pair of pants. Plus we did a little BBQing in the afternoon and made some great burgers. I'll be sad to see him go back to work tomorrow!

Here's today in a nutshell:

Breakfast -- Whole foods meal replacement bar; iced coffee
Snack -- Baked chips
Lunch -- Lean burger on wwheat bun
Snack -- Almonds with dried cranberries
Dinner -- Wwheat English muffin mini pizzas with mushrooms and low-fat feta cheese
Snack -- Grapes; yogurt with honey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->