Camping holiday

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
What's the youngest you would go on a camping holiday with LO's? We thought about doing a driving holiday over to France next year around August time; violet will be about 16 months and Arf two and a half. Would you?

My mum and dad used to take me camping all the time when I was only a few months old - I've got a picture of me asleep on a sleeping bag in just a bodysuit lol. And then as I got older I used to have a bath in a bucket - there's a photo of that somewhere too :haha:

I think as long as you're organised there shouldn't be any reason why you can't go camping - is it really any different to going away in a caravan?

We went this year in the summer, LO was 13 months at the time. TBH it was hard work as it was wet the whole week so she couldn't just get down and crawl around etc. Saying that I would do it again, we still had a good holiday and if it hadn't been for the weather it would have been much easier. :thumbup:

To add though, they only had showers were we went and that was hard as LO hated them, I had to try and wash her best I could in a sink. :)

My son was 3 over this summer and I would have loved to take him camping, but it's either a half hour walk through the woods or a canoe ride to get tere. Next year though, he is coming out with us and getting his own little tent next to Mommy and Daddy. Maybe with the dog and a buddy!

Iv taken Madi when she was 8 months and 16 months... :)

Our first camping trip was to the lakes. Tomwas about 9 months old..... it was easier then than this year when he was 18 months, as he wouldn't go to sleep properly because it was ight through the tent! He loved it though!

I know a lot of people who have been camping wih LO's as young as 3 weeks! My friend went to Font in France this summer with her 4 month old! It's so easy to do! But as a PP mentioned, it's much easier when it's dry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->