Can a doctor be wrong? Confused! Please help.

jadetay1

Reaction score
Hi, so I recently found out that I was pregnant, the clearblue test said 1-2 weeks so really early but me and my partner was really excited. Unfortunately yesterday I woke up bleeding so I phoned the doctor who advised me that if it gets heavier or im in any pain to go to the hospital. it didnt get heavier and I am not in any pain but I went to the hospital anyway where the doctor took my bloods he said that my hcg level was really low and to treat this as a period as if I was never pregnan?!. I am still showing positive on a test and my bleeding completely stopped an hour after that. Do you think the doctor could be wrong about this and my hcg was really low because I am so early? Or if this could be implantation bleeding? I feel inconfident as all I had was a blood test, no scan, no checking to see whats going on up there, no feeling of the stomach because apparently its to early :( just wondering if anyone has been through this? Dont want to drink and live a normal life just incase! This is my first so Im not sure whats wrong or right! I still feel pregnant!

You should have asked to have your hcg checked every 2 days hun, low HCG can mean a failing pregnancy but it can also start off low and as long as it doubles within 2 days 9 times out of 10 your pregnancy is progressing. I had early bleeding on both my babies, and their fine 😄 hoping the same for you, as its to early for a scan the only thing I can suggest is asking for the Bloods over 2 days! Good luck 💜 and also if it was a mc you would be bleeding for way longer than an hour and the pain is horrendous! I suffered one 5 years ago and it was awful

To be totally honest with you hun it could go either way. I've had a lot of chemicals and sometimes the bleeding has been very slight and sometimes the bleeding has been heavy. The only way to know for sure quickly is to request bloods 48 hours apart to see if levels are dropping or rising. It could be though that the hcg level at the hospital was below 5 which in most hospitals in the UK would mean not pregnant anymore. To get a clear blue 1-2 really you need a level of around 25 so it may mean your levels are dropping and it is a chemical. Did they not check your cervix to see if it was open? Only other way to know is to test at home over the next week and see what happens. I'm hoping for a good outcome for you. Good luck.

I know in the UK, they make you wait, and it's awful. I had terrible bleeding and stabbing pains so I called my GP who made me an appointment at the EPU...for 5 days later. I was however, at 9 weeks.

I would say wait for 2 weeks and take another test. (mine took 2 weeks to fade) if it's positive, go back to your GP.

If it is a miscarriage, sadly there is little to nothing they can do :(

Good luck, I hope it's good news for you

I went to the ER but I wasn't bleeding. The doctor told me my HCG levels were an 8 so I'm not pregnant. Went to my doctor and they doubling so I am pregnant. They were a 17 two days later and then one day later a 25. You should wait until you go to your OBGYN. Treat your body as if you are pregnant because you never know. God bless.

Your hcg should definitely be checked every 3 days before they dismiss you as a MC. I had bleeding at 7 weeks and went for blood work and the results were terrifyingly low…. but it slowly started climbing. And now I'm at 16 weeks with an active little girl.

If you have negative blood, possibly consult your doctor about the Rh factor. Good luck!

Did they tell you what your HCG was? If you got a 1-2 weeks on a digi your HCG would have to be at least 25. So if it was lower than this then sadly you are likely losing the pregnancy. Urine HCG levels are usually lower than blood HCG so would be worth testing again. If you get another 1-2 weeks or 2-3 weeks then you might be ok. Fingers crossed for you hunni x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->