Can a luteal phase really be that long?!

M

MamaLoCo

My husband and I were not trying, or really preventing; however, I THOUGHT I was being careful not to bd too close to when I would ovulate, though I was not charting, so who really knows.

We haven't been using protection ever since our wedding night about 5-6 months ago. My cycle is on-point and always 30-31 days, so I assumed I would ovulate around 14-16 days before my next expected af. There were a couple of months that I was confused because I was certain our bd ocurred too close to ov.

I've also had a twin pregnancy before, and they run in my dad's family, so I have no idea if/when I hyperovulate. My last af was November 7, next one expected December 7. We BD on November 16 (barely over a week after AF) and two days later, I had one occurrence of thick pink mucus when wiping and knew something was up but chalked it up to aftermath of the BD.

I even bought a box of tampons the day before I was supposed to start AF because I was so sure that I wouldn't have ovulated within 5 days of that particular BD but when my routinely on-schedule AF didn't show up after 2 days of waiting, without any warning spotting or anything, hubbs convinced me to take a test, which of course showed a positive before the test boxes even finished filling up.

So I'm wondering, is it possible that spotting was ov spotting afterall?? That would give me a luteal phase nearly 20 days long! That's really the only explanation because we didn't bd again until about less than a week before af was due and I know I wouldn't have gotten such a strong positive if that's the one that stuck.

I'm trying to figure this one out bc even though we're both excited, I'm not at all a fan of hormonal birth control (pretty sure it's responsible for the blood clot which killed my aunt) or really putting any synthetic hormones or chemicals in my body so it would be nice if I had a safe, non-chemical way of preventing in the future, until we're ready again.

...the funny thing is I had BARELY come to terms with the fact that even though the thought of a baby was exciting, I knew we'd be better off if we waited, so I was actually trying NOT to bd too close to time and then bam, bfp :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->