can a nappy be too big?

jessabella

Reaction score
as in stuffed to much where it is too big.:blush:
My little Squeak is now almost 5 weeks now..as of last week she wakes up with wet from her night rest..she has always slept about 6-7 hours at night and no problem with a wet nappy as I always put a bamboo liner in. Well today I have experemented with putting her btp nappies..she has only so far fit in a mini la la so far.. that worked fine today and tonight I have put her in a Pop In that has a stay dri night insert ( I think it is called). I bought these nappies specifically for her to wear during the nights..and now she has finally fit into it...well fit into it is a overstatement..yes the nappy fits but her bum is so HUGE..her legs are nearly sticking out ..haha not all the way out of course..its just so big and weired looking..:haha:
does this do any damage? She seems comfortable..I THINK:blush:
but well she isnt crying or winging..
so what do you ladies think..or should i take a photo to show you?

Payson had that SAME problem! OH always said I was ruining our child lol but hed put a blanket under her legs so they were resting on something!! :dohh: Hes silly! I don't think it hurts them!

she will be fine, EJs night nappy (emergancy stash ) last night was 2 toddler prefolds in a wrap then covered with disna's and it was so funny his nappy was milimeters from the floor as he crawled around the living room before bed but he slept fine in it lol

Night nappies are always very bulky as you have to boost so much, but the bulk is actually good for baby's hip development, as it holds the legs further apart. As long as it doesn't upset the baby, there's absolutely no need to worry about it;)

thanks everyone..she slept fine.a.nd woke up dry after 11 hours...and a very heavy nappy!!

wow 11 hours at 5 weeks? Amazing! O and good news on the nappy too :)

Night nappies are always very bulky as you have to boost so much, but the bulk is actually good for baby's hip development, as it holds the legs further apart. As long as it doesn't upset the baby, there's absolutely no need to worry about it;)

That's good to know, my LO needs MASSIVE night nappies!

Sooo jealous of your 11hrs Jessabella!

no no she only sleeps 6 hours then wakes up for a quick 20 min feed then back to sleep for 5 more hours. I still feel lucky though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->