Can a ultrasound showing only a thick uterine line confrim twins?

babifever

Reaction score
And if so, is that something the ER would tell you, or would they have you follow-up with dr and only confirm positive pregnancy.

No, you'd need to be able to see the gestational sac(s) and be able to see how many fetal poles and yolk sacs are in each. The thickened lining won't show you anything, it's just suggestive of pregnancy.

Wait until 7 weeks - you'll be able to see the number of gestational sacs, and count the inhabitants of each.

Got cha. Could a VERY thick uterine suggest twins?

You’ll have to wait. I had bleeding at 5 weeks and was told I had a sac and a subchornic hemorage. Two weeks later we saw twins. I guess the second sac was so small they thought it was a hemorage?

Went to the ER and it was just strange how long the ultrasound tech was looking; she never said anything because it's against policy. I've had a lot of ultrasounds, never that long especially in the ER. The doctor said there was no baby just a very thick uterine line, hgc 255, 4/5 weeks although I know about 4+5 yesterday with 33 average cycle. I could totally be off the wall lol - but I was thinking that if they only seen a tiny Gest sac they might not reveal, just let me follow up with Dr , esep since I told them about mc last year.... I dunno

Then as the ultrasound tech was looking she asked have you been sick? Nausea?

The nurse also said when the doc did a pelvic exam ... How many pg tests did you say you took again, I said 6. Then she said how old is your so again, I was like 2, and she was like well your going to have a house full...

Just strange.

Did they test your hcg levels? Being higher than normal can be a sign of twins and often causes sickness.

That doesn't sound particularly high so probably not to do with that.

I agree, it doesn’t sound high for twins. When I had my Er visit at 5+2 my numbers were 4,400. And then we’re over 7,700 2 days later. But I never did an hcg draw with my daughter so I have nothing to compare it to. But it’s still early and you’re not gonna see much in a scan til 6/7 weeks

You guys are probably right , although I wasn't assuming twins based on hgc just the way the ultrasound tech was acting and the comments made. I will keep you all updated appt 4/6

I was just wondering if your hcg was high if that's where their comments were coming from more than the scan. I totally know what you mean when you are left wondering about a comment a doctor made. Probably it was just small talk that didn't mean anything but I don't blame you for wondering. We have small age gaps which didn't seem like a huge deal to me but docs always seemed to make a big deal out of it. It seems to be the norm these day to have bigger gaps and less children so lots of people think having 2 LOs is a house full. Let is know how you next appointment goes!

The first thing that sparked was the amount of time the tech spent ... Then it was like she double checked herself; spent alot of time equally on both sides. She even listened on both sides, this was the second time around.

I've had many ultrasounds in my life as I'm high risk. It was just weird. I was so nervous actually thought the baby was in fallopian tube or something.

Then the nurse, after the exam, when the Dr was about to do my pelvic exam, asked do you have a doctor already, I said yes, Dr XXX , she delivered my last child. She goes, and how old is he, I said 2. Then she was like "hmmm looks like your going to have a house full" ... I'm thinking how is 2 a house full. Maybe totally just her lango.

It was like they were very confident even though the diagnosis was no baby. The doc also said, you have a VERY thick uterine line.

I'm probably totally reading their comments too much. But hey what else do I have to do lolololololol.

That's a weird comment to make if it's too early to see baby yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->