Can an ear infection harm the baby?

RobenR

Mum to miracle girl & boy
Reaction score
I'm just over 5 weeks pregnant and have a raging inner ear infection. I have only been taking tylenol since I can't see a doctor for a prescription until Monday.

My question, is can my ear infection somehow harm the baby? I'm so paranoid about losing this one, because it's so early on.

Another question - I have *severe* morning sickness. I was told that when it is this bad, it usually means a damaged fetus that my body is trying to reject. Is this true? I didn't have sickness this bad with my son but I don't really remember the early days.

I had several ear infections when I was pg with my dd. It never did any harm to her. I would just say make sure you keep taking that tylenol to keep your fever down as the fever would be the only thing I would think might cause harm if it was really high.

I believe that more severe morning sickness is often indicative of a safer pregnancy, it can mean higher HCG levels which is a good thing *hugs*

As for the ear infection, I'd be getting to a doctor asap. You cannot wait until Monday for a visit even if it means turning up at the ER. An infection isn't 100% great for the baby, but quite probably wouldn't cause harm (please don't let your temp get too high though!!). I had a bad middle ear infection aobut 3 years ago and they had problems working out what strain it was and in the 5 days it took for me to get the right antibiotics, I was in severe pain and my eardrum burst because of it... From memory, inner ear ones can spread if you do not get it seen to... Please do something asap about it!

ur morning sickness is fine. you might just have hyperemesis. as for the ear infection, just take tylenol to keep the fever down. a bacterial infection will not harm your baby; just think of it as having a UTI which is also bacterial, no harm done to your baby you just gotta get treated! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->