Can anyone confirm if this is indeed heartburn/acid?

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Basically after certain foods or if I get hungry I get really rapid heart palpitations and my stomach starts to hurt.

I usually get this lying down, lying in the bath or overnight.

It’s a kind of burny feeling like my stomach needs to rumble just below my rib cage. I can make it go away for a bit by eating something dry but it’s soon back.

It’s causing me quite a lot of pain but I thought it was just nausea but it’s getting worse.

I had heartburn last preg and it was nothing like this so just wondering if anyone else has had it like this.

Hope everyone is good xx

How far along are you? Heart palpitations don't sound like heart burn to me. I had it really bad with my last pregnancy and it hurt all across my back and chest but never affected my heartbeat.

I would try not to stress yourself over it but go see your dr. They may want to do an ekg. For heartburn I use Zantac, it's safe in pregnancy and helps your stomach empty out faster so the food doesn't sit there pushing on your esophagus. It works really great for me.

Hiya I’m 8.5 weeks. I think it’s excess acid/gas but it hurts every time I eat xx

I had what I thought was heartburn/indigestion but it turned out to be my gall bladder, very similar symptoms and very painful.
Maybe go to your doctors, but in the mean time avoid very fatty foods as that can aggravate both conditions
Good luck hope it settles down

I had bad heartburn all three mine it made me car wick an once I spewed on way GPS an they gave me an injection an tabs take over 3 days ( all born heads hair lol) I dunno why heart palpations feel like but doesn't sound part heartburn the burning sensation does I also get a lot saliva in my mouth with it a. Norm means am gonna vomit. I gt given gaviscon and peptic acid but hardly worked I found orange Rennie's worked better. By no3 I avoided cafeene spicy foods etc to try help but I still got it ��

Heart palpitations are not a symptom of heartburn.

You would maybe have some regurgitation with your burning. Coughing is also a symptom.

The pain tends to be closer to your esophagus than your actual stomach.

Heartburn does get worse when you are lying down though.

under your ribcage could be gallbladder. I would get it checked out. It's common with pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->