Can anyone give me advice on oh's low sperm count??

lorraine35

Reaction score
Hi I am new on here and have been searching through the internet for days to try and get advice.

Husbands counts came back low only 4.7 million on sperm count and 7% motile.

Is anyone else going through this. Do we still have any hope left. Do have an appointment with a consultant next month but I would like some information before then if possible.

Anything we can do to improve his count. Should we start using a clear blue fertility monitor would that help. I have been using the ovulation sticks but I thought i read somewhere that clear blue is more acurate.

Any advice gratefully received!!!!!

OF course there is hope, hun! My husbands sperm count/motility was lower than that when we tested after several years of trying. All he did was improve his diet a bit and quit smoking, and we concieved naturally three months later. WHile I m/c that one, another month later we coceived our son. When trying for our second, we ended up haveing another analysis done, and it still showed low motility and count, yet we conveived again two months later.

I know it soulds trite, but it really only takes ONE little sperm to work to make a baby! I think many, many, men have 'low' sperm counts, and just don't know it because they never tested.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to go to a doctor for further tests if you are both up for it, but don't stop trying!! WIth us, all we did was BD every other day during fertile weeks and I stayed laying down for a bit afterwards...thats all.

We're TTC too with a low count after hubby's vasectomy reversal. His surgeon recommends Wellman Conception multi vitamins. They come in a his n hers pack and many men have had a lot of success raising their sperm count with these. It will take about 3 months or so to help, we've just started taking them so too early to tell at the moment.

Good luck and always remember that it only takes 1 lil swimmer!

My husband has been using fertilaid for men. I don't know what his sperm count is but I just got a possible bfp. I have seen they have done some independent testing and it made a big difference. I think there is a thread somewhere where their husbands sperm increased greatly and so did motility. There are lots of testimonials on their site. Anyway it is worth checking out if nothing else... Good luck...

my husband has been using fertilaid for men. I don't know what his sperm count is but i just got a possible bfp. I have seen they have done some independent testing and it made a big difference. I think there is a thread somewhere where their husbands sperm increased greatly and so did motility. There are lots of testimonials on their site. Anyway it is worth checking out if nothing else... Good luck...

wss :)

My DH also has a low count and we conceived our last via IUI but the DR did say we would have conceived on our own within time but because of our age ( plus we knew we wanted another one) we decided to speed things along... best of luck !!

My husband is on tamoxifen ( a prescription drug that increases sperm production in men) he has taken it for about 5 months now his count is through the roof and were hoping for a BFP soon. he only takes 20mg a day and has no side effects .:flower:

Hi - some things we've been doing (that is, things I've been making my OH do!) to make sure the spermies are the best they can be:
- sperm-friendly vitamins (the Wellman or Fertilaid ones are good all-rounders, from what I've read the especially important vits are arginine, carnatine, COQ12; an antioxidant which is supposed to be good for sperm health is pycnogenol, note that it's rather expensive).
- wearing boxer shorts rather than briefs, to keep the boys cool
- cutting down dramatically on alcohol; no cigarettes
Most lifestyle changes take 3 months to have an effect, as that's how long it takes to make new sperm.
If you want to circumvent the issue of low sperm count through IVF, the procedure of IVF+ICSI takes one sperm and injects it directly into the egg, so can work even with very low counts.
You mention OPKs - I do like the Clearblue Fertility Monitor (if you do get one they're cheaper on Amazon than in pharmacies), I also like the Clearblue smiley-face sticks. Both helpful for getting the timing right.
Good luck!!

Wow ladies, this was very helpful for me as well. Thank you all for your posts, wasn't really sure there was anything for him to do. Kinda a manly man, and well, I guess talking to him about a vita pack, would be easier than honey, lets get to the doc's and check out your swimmer! lol........thanks again ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->