Can anyone help me with a longer name for Rue?

Serani

Reaction score
We our having our second baby in August and if its a girl, we'd like to call her "Rue". But I'd like to give the baby a longer name and then use the shortened version 'Rue' as its name. For example our daughter is called Charlotte but she is known as Charlie and we never call her Charlotte but when she's older she will have the choice of which name to use. I'm struggling to think of a name which can be shortened to Rue.

So far I've thought of:
Prudence
Ruby
Ruth

But I'm not keen on any of those. Can anyone help?
Thank you
X

Also just thought of

Trudy
Prunella

But still not keen!

Rudy
Rubie-Rae
Suri
Rueban
Cruella
Laurel
Larue
Drew
Drusilla
Prudence

Thanks. Thats helpful. I quite like Drew but It so short anyway that it doesn't really need to be shortened to Rue. I've just thought of Robyn. Can you shorten that to Rue? X

^^ I really like Rowan...............although I do know a boy with this name.

I like Rudy, but then I'm pretty sure kids will pick on a name like that.

What about putting two names together, like Rudelise (Rude-Elise)...shortened to Rue

xx

What about Rumer or Rumor? Like Demi Moore's daughter?

Gertrude
Larue
Ruma
Ruthanne
Adelrune
Aruna

Good luck :)

Ria
Remmie
I know they don't have the -rue sound in them but you could say Ria-rue or remmie-rue or something and then just shorten it!

Aruna is cute. Isn't there a Disney character similar to that? Aurora? Or something!! X

I really like Aruna,

Taken from Babynamer.com

Meaning: Its source is a Sanskrit expression meaning "Crystalline reddish-brown."

Languages: This girl's name is used in Hindi.

Narrative: In Hindu tradition, Arun (the masculine form of this name) was the personification of the dawn. Therefore, this name refers to dawn colors and to the lustrous hues of gold and rubies.

I think I'm liking the name Ruth now. What do people think?

I really like Roisin (Row-sheen) and it could be shortened to Rue? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"