Can anyone help me?

Jchihuahua

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
I posted this in the Obstetric cholestasis sticky but not sure how many people will see it there so I've copied it here too. I could really use some advice if anyone has been through or is going through a similar thing.

I posted on Friday that they've just discovered I've got OC and am having baby monitored every 2 days, will be probably induced at 38 weeks and am currently having to take 13 tablets a day. My bile acid levels were 80 when they should have been 14!

Anyway, I had a scan today to make sure baby is still okay and not distressed and thankfully she is doing great. I then went to the ante natal day unit who told me to come back on Weds for more monitoring and more blood tests and will possibly be induced on Friday.

Then later today I had a phone call from another hospital department telling me I had to go for an urgent liver scan. The woman on the phone didn't even seem to realise I was pregnant so I'm concerned about this. I have to have the liver scan on Thursday morning which I am concerned about as I believe it involves exposure to radiation. Has anyone else with OC had this and was it okay? I don't know what to expect and I'm worried it is risky for my baby. Also does anyone know if I would still be induced the next day and if I can even breastfeed after exposure to radiation?

I phoned the antenatal unit again and they just said try not to worry and they'll speak to me about everything on Wednesday but not worrying is easier said than done. I don't see why they have to do this scan until after she is born. They are looking for any tumour or cysts etc that could have triggered the OC but surely if I had a problem like that it would still be there after baby is born and she has to be delivered sooner rather than later so they may as well wait until she is here rather than exposing her to the liver scan.

No really hun, sorry...

I got tested for OC last week but my levels came back as okay - though i hafta be monitored...

try not to stress too much and speak thru any worries with them tomorrow :hugs:

Could you ring the midwife and get her to ask questions on your behalf maybe, or your GP?

...private message the lady who started the OC sticky and see if she can advise you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->