Can anyone help?

Barbles

Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more
Reaction score
Hiya

We are going to start TTC for baby #2 at the end of the year but was wondering about when to have my IUD out. Has anyone else had one and how long did it take for your cyle to become regular? I know its different for each person but would just like some feedback.
I am planning to have mine out in August (if the OH agree's, he's a bit reluctant on the old TTC front) so I have a few months to monitor my cycles as AF is practically non-existant at the moment. Does this sound sensible?

Dont really have anyone else to ask coz none of my friends have one.

Cheers :flower:

Hiya, my best friend had hers out on 15th december and is only just returning to normal cycles now, she had it in for 3 years and hadn't had a period in a long time. Can't really comment on when to have it out but hope this helps a little :flower: xx

Thanks

I had mine in two years so will nearly be 3 by then. I would have it out now but the OH doesnt trust any other contraception apparently, pff. Hmm may have to have another chat with him later

I think it depends on whether you had the hormonal IUD or the non-hormonal IUD. If it was the the hormonal one I would get it out sooner rather than later.

I had a Mirena IUD... Not sure if that is hormonal or not???

Here is my point of view: I had mine placed in Oct 2006 and removed in March 2008. At some point during those years my period went away which was very nice. We planned on starting TTC after June 2008 so I gave myself some time for things to get back to normal... I am SOOOOOO glad I did. I had it taken out on March 6th and on March 9th I got my first AF. It lasted 22 days and was one of the worst AF I have ever Experienced!!! Then it took 3 more months for my af to regulate out by itself.

I got my BFP March 17th 2009 with y second child.

Well just had the coil discussion with the OH and got told im high maitenence, always in the want and we are not trying for a baby until the end of the year so there is no point in even talking about it!! And if i have the coil out he's double bagging his manhood AND using the withdrawal method as accidents happen.
So now i feel friggin fabulous......... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"