Can anyone please explain

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
HOW THE HELL TO USE A DIAPER GENIE? lol.

My friend gave me hers as she didn't use it, but of course I just got the system, no box or instructions, and I think she may have the wrong brand of refills in it?

I just don't seem to understand how it works, LOL.

Had to look up what a diaper genie is and there's a link on the wiki page as to how to use it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaper_Genie

we bought one the other day (it's a nappy wrapper to us!), it's got pictures in of how to use it and doesn't seem too hard - probably better if you look at the link than me trying to explain it from the pictures as haven't tried it yet!!!

x

LOL I keep trying to figure it out and can't make the bags seal ? :dohh:

I'm too stupid to be a mom.

https://www.playtexbaby.com/Products/DiaperGenie/default.aspx

have a look hun, choose the system you have and then it will give u an option to click on a pdf file which explains how to use it

I have one hun , And i had a play around the other day .
Mine wraps the bags as you push the nappy in so in turn is sealing each nappy i think lol . xx .

My SIL had the same sort of system as you have and i honestly can't see the point when it's so easy to just bag and bin the nappy all by yourself rather than letting it sit in a diaper genie till you empty it lol but that's just me

LOL I think I'm going to end up just bringing the diaper to the garbage instead also. I just thought, originally, that this would be convenient.. BUT since it's going to take an engineering degree to operate it.. :rofl:

The only way I can describe the diaper genie is a large sausage chain of diapers. Start at one end and it twists and adds a diaper till the base is full.

The only way I can describe the diaper genie is a large sausage chain of diapers. Start at one end and it twists and adds a diaper till the base is full.

It's a good thing I don't eat sausages I guess, I was actually thinking that looking at the pics on some of the instructions people have posted links to.

lol tooooooo funny! We just got one from a friend without instructions, and it has the the proper refills in it and I can't figure it out for the life of me either!! I thought there would have been a little peddle to push at the bottom to open the top because I find I have to pick it up and YANK the lid off to be able to use it...doesn't seem like it will be very helpful when I have my hands full with trying to keep a baby entertained and still LOL

I just realized we must have the oldest system because they don't even have it on the website! The newer ones look soooo much easier then the one I have!!

Take the insert... didn't look to see what kind you have... pull some of the plastic out of the insert and then tie a knot in the end of it. Put it down into the top section...

When you go to put a diaper in it open the little door at the top push the diaper in and through the trap door and close... if yours is the diaper genie II then you are done... If it's the original then I think you need to turn the knob on the top...

When the container is full open it, cut the bag and tie a knot and throw it away and start again :) Don't know if you had it figured yet but thought I'd try to help

:rofl:

this just made my night and nearly made me pee my pants!!!! hahahahahahahahah.....

i didn't even get to read your whole post before i nearly died.

not that i know how to use one either, but it just made me laugh.. hard..

:rofl:

It's a good thing I don't eat sausages I guess, I was actually thinking that looking at the pics on some of the instructions people have posted links to.

ummm diaper sausages ... :rofl: I threw mine out! the thing is impossible! I am too cheap to buy another but would take it as a gift! ;)

lol tooooooo funny! We just got one from a friend without instructions, and it has the the proper refills in it and I can't figure it out for the life of me either!! I thought there would have been a little peddle to push at the bottom to open the top because I find I have to pick it up and YANK the lid off to be able to use it...doesn't seem like it will be very helpful when I have my hands full with trying to keep a baby entertained and still LOL

We have the same one!! I know the Diaper Genie II looks wayy better.. I think mine is the "twistaway" system? Here's a picture of it I found, lol:

https://www.avalancheinternetmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/diaper-genie-marketing.jpg

I think I will just throw mine in the closet/offer it for free to anyone who wants it on Kijiji - my friend was so relieved to be rid of it and said she didn't use it, I am starting to understand why! :rofl:

You have to tie the bottom in a knot lol and then when it is full you tie the top in a knot.

Oh I have the number 2 one lol I couldn't figure that one out for the life of me when I was babysitting a friends kid once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->