Can anyone shed any light upon my situation please :)

LongingForNo2

Mother Of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies - Period was due 26/01 never turned up. Still havent had one nor have i received any answers with pregnancy tests. I did a test a week back and swear i saw something. Dr wont do bloods but has got me an appointment on 13/03 for a vaginal ultrasound to check out things and see if any answers can be given. Recently ive had one sided pain thats had me doubled over. Im wondering if you can have an ectopic pregnancy and a test never picks up HCG? Any answers greatly appreciated

I'm not sure about it showing up on hpt's but I world certainly had to the ER if the pain returns. No AF and one sided pain could possibly be ectopic.
Prayers for you that it's not and you're just experiencin something else.

Thank you. Ive called out of hours line for some information. The lady was lovely. She suggested i contact hospital and see if they would require to see me. If they dont think there is an urgency (with my tests not been positive in the slightest) then to call my GP to request bloods tomorrow just incase x

The only other thing i can possibly think of is PCOS which can cause cysts on the ovaries (can explain pain on one side) and absence of periods. I would ask to get checked out for that. There are some that go without a period for 80 days etc.

From what i just read up it says you would still get a positive test although in rare cases it may show negative. So im more inclined to say you may have pcos.

The only other thing i can possibly think of is PCOS which can cause cysts on the ovaries (can explain pain on one side) and absence of periods. I would ask to get checked out for that. There are some that go without a period for 80 days etc.

Thank you. Ive never had this problem before. How would the diagnose it? Is it easy? Xx

Im not sure exactly how they would diagnose it, but i think they do an ultrasound to look at your ovaries to look for cysts. You can book an appt with your dr and make mention of possible pcos and that you would like them to have a look. And even if you do end up having pcos, it will make conceiving harder but not impossible. But it could explain the lack of af.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->