Can anyone suggest a good vacuum?

magnacarta

Reaction score
OK, I'm a chronic vacuum destroyer. Whatever vacuum I buy will have it rough. :haha:

We have 2 cats, but also a farm (so muddy feet, dirt, goat hair, hay, pebbles, and bits of wood all make it inside sometimes....)

Unfortunately, we also have white tile and white carpet throughout the whole house. I try to vacuum 2x/week (and we have a no shoes in the house rule, though you wouldn't guess it from the floors...), but no matter what happens, I can't get a vacuum that can both get the floors clean AND stay functional for more than 3 months. Part of the problem might be the cheap carpet-- I think any strong vacuum actually sucks up some of the fibers, which tend to get stuck in the motor.

Anyway, with a baby on the way, I'm looking for a functional vacuum that will get the house clean without having to spend hours on it. Our current solution is to use a shop-vac with a home-vacuum attachment (the only thing that hasn't broken), but it just doesn't get the job done and the floor never seems clean.

I live in the US, and while I'm not rich, I'd be willing to pay a fair amount of money to get a reliable and good vacuum cleaner. Any suggestions?

Some musts:
Must have a 3+ year warranty (I WILL break it)
Must be OK on carpet and hardwood and tile
Must be somewhat easy to operate

I don't care if it's heavy, as long as it's heavy-duty :flower:

Any suggestions?

The vax ones are good, they have loads in their range and some come with a pet attachement which is really good at picking up hairs!! x

Miele cat and dog. Not sure if it's available in the US, or perhaps called something else, but it's a brilliant vacuum.

The in-laws got a Samsung and rave about it.

I swear by Dyson, I have the cylinder one for pets and it's great getting all dog hairs! And very durable x

Miele cat and dog. Not sure if it's available in the US, or perhaps called something else, but it's a brilliant vacuum.

Miele are a very good make & they always get very good reviews on Which?

Another make that scroes well in Which? is Sebo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->