Can babies have a "routine?"

My daughter fell into her own routine which worked great. Everyone told us to make a routine for her but you can't force a baby to eat if they aren't hungry or sleep if they aren't tired. :)

Yeah Jasmine got into her own routine only she would only sleep if she was in her basket, up until she was about 8weeks, she liked to fall asleep on me or Rich only now she prefers being put down and goes off on her own

Sean was waking up between 3-4 for a feed and then the one night he just didn't wake up. At 4:30 I was worried so I went to check on him and he was sleeping soundly! Only woke up at 7. Since then he has been sleeping from 11pm to 7am. Every now and again he will wake up at about 5 if he has wind or a very wet nappy and then I sort him out and he goes back to sleep. Its not nearly as bad as I expected.

My friends 7 month old daughter still doesn't sleep through the night. She has her day and night mixed up. Sean originally had this problem but we mananaged to change it.

Callum has a routine too

Sleep from 11pm-ish until half7/8am-ish

Hello there!

Babies (and toddlers) love and thrive on routine. Though, it is up to you as the parent to help them learn when they are supposed to do certain things - like sleep and eat and play. As your baby gets older, you will have to help your little one modify the routine to suit the new development stage - for example, dropping from 3 naps a day to 2 and then from 2 to 1. Also, adjusting from 4 feedings a day to 3 "normal" mealtimes.

The important thing to keep in mind is that any change in routine takes between 3 and 5 days to "sink-in". But, they (and you) will get it. After learning from experience, half of the time the adjustment is bigger for the parents. As your baby gets into the toddler years, a routine is critical as there are so many other changes going on, the little one needs to know that some things always happen the same way. (My little guy just turned 2 and sleeps like a dream and never battles or fights when it is time to sleep.)

Look for the cues from your little one on when it is time to make the next move into a new routine - keeping in mind that the goal is to develop your child into a normal daily routine that makes sense and works for all of your family.

Take care!

We have a perfect routine right now. She sleeps from 11pm untill 8am and then goes back to sleep after her feed untill 12pm!

I never had a routine with mikey. Well he was put to bed at the same time. And still is. But when it came to feeding, I fed him when he was hungry.

callum got himself into a routine. Has to be in bed by 8pm at the latest or he starts kicking off, he still wakes up for 2 bottles through the nite though.

I only feed her when she wants it. She got herself into a routine and I love it. Give or take an hour each side she is feeding at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm, 10pm.. :) She really is a clever little thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->