can brothers and sisters be close friends???

ChocolateC

Reaction score
Okay, this may be the stupidest question of all, but I grew up not being very close with my older brother. I was jealous of my friends with sisters because it seemed like they were ALWAYS close, even if there was rivalry or occasional fights.
When I had my little girl, I was thrilled. I wanted a girl so badly.
Now I found out I'm pregnant with a boy. Everyone tells me "oh how perfect, one of each!" but I keep thinking, they won't be close. They will want to do different things and won't ever want to play together and will not confide in each other like 2 girls or 2 boys might.
Is this idiotic?? Can a boy and girl have a close relationship?
This baby is it for us so there will be no more.

There's 18 months between me and my younger brother and we are so close. We were best of friends when we were little and shared a bed out of choice until we were about 10 like siblings do. We still tell each other everything and talk almost daily.

Of course they can. Same as same gender can't be guaranteed to be bffs.
My youngest sister and my only brother are very close. Im close with my sister who is 3 years younger and thats mainly because my older sister didn't really like me lol we only really connected when she had her 1st child. But even now she never calls or texts i have to reach out to her where as my other siblings text me all the time.

My two brothers (one older and one younger) are my two closest friends. We fought like hell growing up, but they always protected me.

If men and women (or boys and girls) couldn't be close to each other then those of us with heterosexual relationships would be pretty screwed.

My son and daughter are best friends and they play with the same stuff and have the same interests. I have a similar age gap with my little brother and we are good friends. We did fight often when we were teenagers but you can't stop that just because both kids have a vagina or penis...kids fight!

I have a ten year old niece who has an eight year old brother and they have been best friends since he was born. They compromise with each other they take turns playing dolls and then trucks. The younger brother is protective of his big sister and my niece does like to tell my nephew what to do. But I think they are amazing together and can't imagine it any other way.

Yeah, my brothers are my best friends :). We were really close as kids too, we played together all the time and never argued, whereas my brothers argued with each other a tonne. My DS and DD1 are best buddies and I hope it will stay that way :)

I have a brother 3 years younger than me and we got on fine, I really don't think being different genders mattered. We played together well as children and had our arguments together but that's typical for all children!

I'm not particularly close to him and haven't really been since we were teenagers but he can be self centred so I feel like that's more of a personality thing than the fact he's a boy.

My brother is gay and is really into fashion etc so that helps when I'm having a wardrobe crisis :haha:

I only have boys and I would say the way they play/fight is no different to the way my brother and I played/fought.

Yes definitely! I am super close to my little brother and loved being a big sister. Don't worry :flower:

Me and my sister HATED eachother until we were adults

Whereas my mum was closer to her brother than her two sisters

I think it's entirely personality dependent rather than gender dependent

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back