can coughing bring on labour

Bingles

Proud mum of one
Reaction score
I am freaking out I have had a cough since saturday and its driving me nuts but today in work I was told to be very carefull as it could bring on labour. Is this true please help I am going mad

who told you that???
Don;t think I ever heard that before!

coughing could only bring on labour if your body was ready to labour at the end, such as your waters being ready to go etc, it wil not make a difference to your cervix or anything, and it wont make you labour honestly, people talk such crap sometimes dont believe everythig you hear hunny xxx

why would they tell you that? i asked the midwife a good few weeks back about coughing badly and can it do any harm and she told me not at all. :hugs:
xxx

Is it heck true! I have cystic fibrosis, which is a terminal illness and i've no immune system so constantly have coughs and chest infections! Whoever told you that is stupid

oh god thankyou I was truly going mad all afternoon thinking my waters were going to break. The woman that told me already has 3 kids and thought it was something she picked up along the way

I argee with all the above posts. Sounds like a right load of rubbish to me

This is why I like this forum so full of help :D :hugs:

I really don't think you have anything to worry about! I got asthma and suffer with bronchitis quite often and I didn't even go into labour with my DD at all. Had to be induced when I was 14 days overdue and I was coughing loads for months! The only thing I found was that it hurts with a big bump!

Agree with the above. And what a lovely thing to say to someone :wacko:

When I had flu a couple of months ago it brought on my Asthma and I was coughing really hard for days, I could feel my (very little at the time) bump sucking in each time I coughed it was awful. When the doc called to check up on me I asked her about it and she said that coughing can do no harm to the baby at all and it certainly doesn't bring on labour unless you're ready.

only if your body is ready 100%. with my 1st i had a serious sneezing fit ... then 2 big 'shows' and labour started but i was 39 weeks so dont worry love xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->