Can evaps be bright blue??

marrey09

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to the board but have a question. I have 2 children already and have had a m/c 2 times in the past. I am very late this month and have been on schedule every 4-5 weeks for over 2 years now. Been having symptoms of pregnancy so thought I would poas just to check. My BF lives out of state and was here from July 8-12. I really doubt I am pregnant since I had my tubes tied (with fallope rings) about 5 years ago. I have never in all my life (and about 200 times of poas, LOL) gotten an evap and def not a bright blue one, but I got a bright blue thin line after about 10 min. At 5 min it showed nothing and I forced myself to quit looking. Is it possible its really an evap? Just a bit confused as you can imagine. I have known 2 people that got pregnant even after their tubes were tied, so although rare, it does happen. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I keep getting really blurry pics but will try again and post if I get a good one.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I thought evaps were gray or white. It would be great if you could post pics. Good luck!

I had an evap with colour last month. Was pink, but still colour.

I have had blue evaps before. Really looked like positives. Try a pink dye test. they are more reliable

Here is a pic, but it's pretty blurry. Much darker in person. It was a generic grocery store brand.

Attachments

• pee.jpg
    pee.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 189
The line is definitely there. Not sure if it's an evap or not. I just got one like it (and I also had a faint line on a pink dye test). I'm curious about what a First Response would look like. Do you have any pink dye tests to try?

No I don't. I am very doubtful due to the fact that I had a tubal ligation 5 years ago. I am moving to another state soon and there are already plans for a reversal next year to have another baby. It would be awesome if I didn't have to have the surgery and wait, but unlikely. I will keep you posted and if "the witch" doesn't show by this weekend I will test again. I am still having symptoms though. Lots of them :) Thanks so much for the replies!

i could definitely see the line very well without even making the pic any bigger? isn't it crazy that you could be pregnant AFTER having your tubes tied? how cool

If you are using a blue dye test, yes they can be bright blue. I have had a few of them over the last few months.

I see the line but I don't know if it is an evap or not? I hope you get the result you want, good luck x

good luck. try another pink dye test. The line looks good but I have only heard bad things about blue dye tests.

I say the same... try a pink dye test, like First Response. If you are already late you wouldn't have to wait until the weekend to re-test. I got a lot of :bfp: 's but didn't believe them until I seen it on the first response :p I trust those! Best of luck to you!!

The stick looks pretty much dried up with urine sorry.

Reason i think that is because i POAS once at my work and i forgot to take one out my bag once and thats what it looked like. TMI sorry girls

Could be the light though

Yes girls, I know it is dried up in the pic. I waited a few days to post my question and couldn't get a good pic with my crappy phone. It wasn't like that when the line appeared. And the line is def a bright blue line, not lint, as one of you suggested. Too funny. Anyway, I really believe it is an evap due to the fact I took a FRER and it was clearly negative and the last time my BF was here was on July 12 and I think it would have shown positive by now. So, yes, evaps can def have color! Thanks for all the comments and good luck to all of you trying for your BFP's!! :)

Oops, my apologies, it said "light" not "lint". I need to slow down when I am reading :) It did make me chuckle though when I though it said lint.

I always get faint blue lines on the blue dye tests. Even when I am absolutely not pregnant. They are just believable enough to make me dip into my stash of FRERs. :wacko:

That is exactly like the one I had last cycle! Drove me nuts :( Ended up not being preggers, Sorry, wish I had more positive news for you

there is def a line there but not sure if it's an evap. i thought they were colourless and there's def colour there. u should go 2 dr 4 a blood hcg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->