• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

can health visitor check stitches?

weebubbles

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if my health visitor would check my stitches like my midwife did? My problem is I have developed a really bad sore down there near my stitches and looks like the skin has rubbed away leaving a very red looking sore. Everytime I go to the toilet and urine touches it, it stings like mad to the point that I am crying with the pain.

My health visitor is coming tomorrow and I am not due back at the doctors till wednesday (as I am still on blood pressure tablets)

Can anyone help?

I think the HV is more for the baby (and maybe your emotional needs). You could talk to her about it but I think you'll need to see a doctor.

For the stinging, you could try and hold a wet flannel against the sore bit to protect it from the wee. Or pour a jug of water over your bits when you pee.

Well health visitors are nurses that have went through extra training to become HV's so I cant see why she wouldnt be able to check it for you. You can only ask doll xoxo

I think they can but i dunno if they are in a position to give advise like that...i think they are just aloud to give advise for baby.

U can only ask hun wont do any harm...

I asked my HV as i thought my stitches were infected and she told me i had to see the GP x

yeh mine got me an appointment straight away for the same day to see the gp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"