Can I be good for my baby?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
Feeling upset atm. i spend time with LO every day 24/7, and every day it takes me an hour to put him to sleep.
last night OH cam back from work while i was doing that and OH took him from me and sat him up right on his leg ( very uncomfortable ) and LO was wide awake, and you know 10min later he fell to sleep

this morning came back from a walk and LO was so tired, i tried everything to put him to sleep but didn't work. he was screaming for almost 2 hours:cry: i felt like having a breakdown. So i bathed him and he was happy again, until i put his clothes on, he started again. At the end i gave him calpol and he fell to sleep but i could see that he's upset and not relaxed

What am I doing wrong? :cry:

:hug: That's just the way babies can be, it does not necessarily mean that you are doing something wrong. :hugs:

Maybe it's not that your doing anything wrong but really everything right!!!...He just doesn't want to go to sleep because then he won't see you anymore...don't be hard on yourself or he will sense that :) Just hug him more and be calm :)...Things will get better :)

Could also be overly tired. I know when Hannah was young she would have evenings where she just screamed and screamed, we didn't know what was wrong with her. Took a good two weeks before we figured out that she was getting overly tired. Ever since we've tried to catch her before she gets to that point and she goes to sleep fairly easily....but if we ever let her go to long we pay for it! :hugs:

Could also be overly tired. I know when Hannah was young she would have evenings where she just screamed and screamed, we didn't know what was wrong with her. Took a good two weeks before we figured out that she was getting overly tired. Ever since we've tried to catch her before she gets to that point and she goes to sleep fairly easily....but if we ever let her go to long we pay for it! :hugs:

He gets over tired a lot, and i figured out a few weeks ago that i shouldn;t bath him after 6pm. but then still when he's very tired he still wants to play or be carried around the house and he loves to look at everything.
SOmetimes i think i get it right and suddenly he changes again.
And some days i don't know what to do or what's happening with him

Perhaps before he gets overtired u need to put him down somewhere that won't stimulate him too much, an try recognise the tired cry. I find if savannahs tired an I put her down she'll cry for a few min before falling asleep, if I leave her then she'll fall asleep quicker than picking her up

Skyler was like that the first three and half months.Dont worry,it's very tough but it will pass!He falls asleep easily now.Some babies are just wired that way.Yes,its exhausting but time flies and you can do it.Good luck!:hugs::flower:

:hugs: You're not doing anything wrong. Some nights Sam's fast asleep as soon as I put him down and other nights (especially at the moment as he's teething) nothing will get him to sleep. And then he has days where he just randomly falls asleep on someone's knee/in his highchair, jumper etc! x

Hi we went throught the same kind of thing with our baby boy Toby. He didnt scream for hours but he would get to a certain point in the evening when he would start crying and for a while we didnt know what was wrong with him. As he was fine all day and then would start. Like Hannahs mum we realised he was over tired and we were missing the window. He is now 11 weeks old. I just look out for the signs ie rubbing eyes and he moves his head from side to side etc. I still struggle with his daytime naps but we get there eventually. I found using a dummy on him to help him get o sleep in the day. Luckily he has always slept well at night. He is our first baby and I thought I would never know what to do etc but u just get used to them and their little ways. xx

How old is he now?

Baby fighting sleep drives me mad lol I end up cranky and takeit out on OH :lol:

Does OH hold him differently - a different position of snuggle ...could be hes not comfy? This happened with me which is why I ask :D

i agree with him being over tired. The key to a easy life is to get baby to go to sleep before he gets very tired I've realised. My LO needs to sleep about 2 hours after waking. As soon as he gives me the sleepy signs (I see it in his eyes) I need to get him to sleep ASAP or I'll have a battle on my hands.

I've started putting him to bed at 7 or even earlier. It's so much easier than when he used to go at 9 or 10.

I dont believe young babies fight sleep. I think they just dont understand the feeling of being very tired. I expect it scares them - they feel odd and dont know how to cope with it or how to relax. Best way for all concerned is to avoid this very tired feeling.
Try and get your LO to sleep after being awake for 1.5 or 2 horus during the day. The only time Ted is awake longer is the afternoons when he might be awake for 2 or 3 horus before bedtime when he'll generally stay in bed for 11 or 12 hours (with minibrfor feeds):

Thats my advice for what its worth. I've only just figured all this out ater 4 months of being stressed getting LO to bed! I think its got a lot easier as he's aged too. From 4 months he seems to be able to relax better

Good luck.

How old is he now?

Baby fighting sleep drives me mad lol I end up cranky and takeit out on OH :lol:

Does OH hold him differently - a different position of snuggle ...could be hes not comfy? This happened with me which is why I ask :D

He's 3 months old now. The thing is he doesn't like to be put down if he's not sleeping. last night i tried to put him down when he started showing tired sign but didn't work.
i tried to hold him in a comfy position but he doesn't like it :dohh:
This is the position he likes and he always fall to sleep like this
https://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/mylittlebubs/Lincoln%203rd%20month/th_IMG_4560.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->