Can I carry my 28lb son?

Jokerette

Mama of 2
Reaction score
I'm newly pregnant with #2 and my son is 22 months. He loves to be carried and while I have been trying to get him to walk more on his own he often begs "hold me mama". Am I allowed to carry him around now that I am pregnant? He weighs 28lbs

My daughter isn't far off on that weight and I also carry her around. Doctor is fine with it, considering I did it before becoming pregnant my body is used to it. If you're uncomfortable with it talk to your doctor, and obviously if it causes you any pain or discomfort thats your body's way of saying stop.

Yeah as Denise said, my 18 month old daughter weighs 28lbs (haha, she's a chunky monkey) and i sometimes have to carry her. Its fine as your body is already used to carrying that weight.xx

My one 6 month old is 21+lbs (with his car seat more) and I sometimes have to carry his 18lb brother at the same time. I'm sure it's fine as we have no other choice.

it's fine as your body is used to it. The biggest problem with carrying heavy things is pulling your back if you are not used to the weight, not miscarriage that's old wive's tale. My 18 month old weights a whopping 29lb and I carry her as there is not always choice to give her to hubbs and sometimes she only wants to be held by mama :)

as long as you dont' have spotting don't worry. If you are spotting then there may be an issue.

my daughter is 2!! and she's very heavy and tall and am always shifting her in and out of the car seat carrying her when shes tired its unaviodable xx

Yep I've been carrying my 17 month old around as well. I read recently (hadn't realised before) that the only reason pregnant women are advised not to do any heavy lifting is because your muscles and everything relax when pregnant, you are more likely to pull something or hurt yourself. It isn't a risk to the baby, you could just be sore from lifting too much. But if its something you lift all the time like your child, it will be fine as you are used to that. X

Yep I've been carrying my 17 month old around as well. I read recently (hadn't realised before) that the only reason pregnant women are advised not to do any heavy lifting is because your muscles and everything relax when pregnant, you are more likely to pull something or hurt yourself. It isn't a risk to the baby, you could just be sore from lifting too much. But if its something you lift all the time like your child, it will be fine as you are used to that. X

ooooh!!! that makes sense, and is also very reassuring!

I agree yes and was told this pregnancy to just listen to my body. we havd been through this before and know what feels right and what doesnt. Up until a month ago, I was carrying both of my children at once, and then I stopped after I once felt that it was just too much at that point, but it was something I was very used to doing as I have 2 under 2 and have carried both since I gave birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->