Can I come in and mooch?

honeybee2

Reaction score
I'm 11 weeks pregnant today and I'm considering hypnobirthing.
My sister had two very complicated births and both pregnancies were high risk.
Our family has blood clotting and DVT issues so no doubt they'll want to put me on blood thinners too- plus my mum and sister both carried group B strep.

I'm aching for a natural birth. When I use the word 'natural' I'm referring to births without epidurals and major pain relief. I want to feel 'in control' and use just gas and air if I can. I also would like it in the water. I'm not sure if they'll allow it me though because they may want to monitor me? I find it very frustrating but obviously its a waiting game. I figured stress doesn't help so I'm purchasing a yoga DVD for pregnancy and going to the hyropool for pregnant ladies. I really do want to at least have a go at hypno birthing- a calm and more relxed birth is very important to me.

Welcome to the group :) ita important to remember that there is no such things as being 'allowed' or 'not allowed' to do anything whe it comes to your body and baby. You can listen, consider, do your research and then it's about making your own informed choice.

Your sister carrying strep and having high risk pregnancies has absolutely no bearing on you and even if you carry GBS, it comes and goes and and again doesn't mean you can't have the type of birth you're hoping for- home, water, hospital....what ever makes you most comfortable!

Have a look through the GBS support thread at the top of this board before you get bogged down in 'what ifs' and I'd say assume youre perfectly heathly and having a normal pregnancy until something indicated otherwise :)

Enjoy planning your birth! X

Id suggest you read this if you are interested in hypnobirthing. It really does explain everything and is a fantastic resource no matter what you decide on and however you finally proceed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Effective-...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325946551&sr=1-1

Best of luck and congrats! xx

ps, Mervs Mum really knows her stuff so is a great resource as well i think :)

Had a great birthing experience, used some techniques from hypnobirthing which were very helpful. I would recommend it for sure!

Thankyou! Can i ask what it felt like to have a hypnobirth but having the pain to deal with?

I used hypnobirthing this time. With Imogen I was using visualisation which is part of it, however I was doing this naturally.

This time I used more of the breathing techniques and remembering parts from my cd to get me through each contraction, visualising each one like a wave, once it peaked it crashed down the other side.
Only thing is I wanted to listen to it at the start of my labour but as it progressed quickly I never managed it. Although when I was pushing oh had my I phone and all of a sudden I heard the voice, I shot him an evil look and he got the message that it was not the right time ha ha.
I'd totally go for it though I think it does help get through it all. Xx

It was painful, but bearable for me by staying focused on the right now and not projecting about what is to come. Avoiding fear helps to keep it bearable as well, there will be breaks between the contractions to regain focus which is where I found the hypnobirthing techniques to be most helpful . . . here is our birth story in detail that might be helpful:

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...45009-our-little-xmas-baby-natural-birth.html

Oh yeh good point about not fearing labour/birth. I sort of took it as there's no turning back so just get on with it. Also read loads of positive birth stories. I remembered these while in labour and developed an attitude of if so many women can do it then so can I and that helped with staying focused and in control as well. X

I have to say, the birth doesn't scare me at all but thats because I know there are methods such as this to calm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->