can I do anything to bring on af???

doddy0402

Mummy to 3!
Reaction score
Hi, any one know if there is anything I can take to bring on af?
I am now 8 days late and I have had several negative tests so I cannot be pregnant.:cry:
I have my brand new shiny CBFM sat here just waiting for for cd1, and I cannot use it!!!:nope:
Other than the delayed bleeds that I have had after each of my mcs, I have never had a cycle longer than 30 days, and for the last 6 months by cycles are 27 days on the dot.:shrug:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!xx:hugs:

I don't think there's anything you can do hun :cry: It's a horrible waiting game

I'm in a similar boat - AF late - and waiting to press the m button on my cbfm!!

Hi ya,

I have had great success with pure Vitamin C, use 1500mg x 3 a day. AF usually shows up two days later. Make sure it isn't combined with anything else though. Good luck! :)

With my eldest son I was five weeks late before I finally got a positive test, when I finally had my first u/s he measured four weeks less in gestation than my dates, turns out I'd ovulated four weeks later than normal. I'd had a regular cycle until then, I've never been regular since!!! lol!
Hope things work out for you xxx

when i was coming off Depo my cycles were very irregular , i used Parsley , plain old dried stuff i had in my cupboard . i boiled it like a tea added sugar and drank a cup or 2 and the next day i would start . i had my first miscarriage 34 days ago , i didnt want to wait forever for my period to start ( trust me i did check like 3 hpts first) did the parsley thing and started up right away. :)

If you're trying to get pregnant, please don't try to bring on AF. Vitamin C and parsley can both work but they also both can cause an early miscarriage. It may be that you are pregnant and it's just too early for you to tell. If you aren't pregnant, then AF will come on about 14 days after you ovulate anyway. So I wouldn't try to force it, personally. Hope you get an answer one way or another soon though!

thanks for all your thoughts ladies!

I am now 10 days late and absolutely no af!! No spotting or anything! I have had sore boobs for the last week or so but that seems to have stopped as well now.

Do you think that I just could have missed the whole ovulating and bleeding cycle, and could I actually by on cd10 and almost ready to ovulate again????
I am sooo confused!!x:wacko:

Hm, it's hard to tell really. Do you know when/if you ovulated? I think the most likely explanation is that you ovulated late and are either newly pregnant or will get AF soon. It's possible that you haven't ovulated at all and are still going to but I think that's less likely. But you could invest in some IC ovulation tests and try to figure it out that way?

okay well first off, let me say this... i know of one way that could help myself (dr told me, had same issue, but also had a warning! ) first the WARNING: you could still be prego with getting BFNs. (you could just not have concentrated enough hormones for the pee tests, or you could have ovulated late, and thats that... others as well... ive heard of people getting BFPs only after being 5-6 weeks late, even with testing every day! lol)

now what i was told could work. use a natural progesterone cream for 4 days and then stop suddenly (dont wean off it, just stop!) this could bring it on withen a day or two of stoping.

THE REASON FOR THE WARNING! IF YOU ARE PREGO AND YOU START PROGESTERONE, YOU MUST KEEP AT IT TILL AT LEAST 20 WEEKS THEN YOU CAN WEAN OFF IT. IF YOU STOP SUDDENLY IT COULD CAUSE MC.

Not meant in a disrespecting fashion but why would stopping a natural progesterone supplement before 20 weeks cause m/c? My doc and previous doc told me that after the first trimester progesterone supplements does nothing to aid in continuing pregnancy since at that point the placenta takes over and does the heavy lifting as it were. Just curious though, I appreciate that things could be different with a cream.

i was told because before that time any sudden decrease could jolt your body to abort because the placenta wasnt produsing enough till that time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->