Can I eat raw, premade cookie dough?

Janesworld

Reaction score
I seriously can't stop thinking about it... please tell me I can!!

My aunt gave me a box of chocolate covered cookie dough bits for Xmas and its sooo hard to let them go to waste. I snuck a few. :blush:

I recommend finding a good vegan recipe for cookies, and using that to make your own cookie dough. :)

check the label hun, i havent ever bought one but i know you can get those tubes of store bought cookie dough and wouldnt be surprise if it is made with some sort of pasterized egg powder or something - you know like shop mayo . . . if it doesnt say then nah i wouldnt but warm cookies and ice cream num nums!

OMG, i have dribble coming down my chin lol
I want some now :)

I have been dreaming about eating chocolote chip cookie dough for the last few days, but am scared to. MoonMelody's got a good idea... I'm going to look up some recipes right now!

No. But, I did recently buy some raw cookie dough from someone who was selling it from their school. It came in a tub and didnt need to be refrigerated right away because it was made with pasteurized eggs! So, if you are really craving it, you can get pasteurized eggs, which are the kind they sell in the carton as liquid, and make your own cookies, and it would be safe to eat the batter. The pasterization kills the bacteria that could be in eggs.

You can also make some cookie dough at home and sub plain yogurt for the egg - don't bake those, but it cures the cookie dough craving.

Ok. . .now I need some cookie dough. . .lol! ! ! !

No those have raw eggs in them. However, the chocolate covered ones they sell in the candy section, and also the cookie dough they put in ice cream those don't have raw eggs...

I had cookie dough ice cream in USA last year and got bacterial salmonella. Has made me terrified of it ever since. It came from Cold Stone creamery and when we approached them they admitted that they use raw egg!!!!!!

I had cookie dough ice cream in USA last year and got bacterial salmonella. Has made me terrified of it ever since. It came from Cold Stone creamery and when we approached them they admitted that they use raw egg!!!!!!

That's scary, I never would have thought! The stuff in the ice cream tub that you get at the grocery store should be safe, though, but I do know that the raw premade cookie dough has a label on it telling people not to consume it uncooked (which never stopped me before, but that was when I wasn't knocked up). If you can find one without a warning label, maybe it would be safe?:shrug:

I have no idea but I really want some now....

Does that mean no more Ben and Jerry's half baked :cry:

Oopsy I ate a whole tub of B&J half baked it the other day :-S

You can make your own using liquid eggs in the carton, just double check they're pasteurized.

Not sure which country you're in, but the Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough uses pasteurized, dried eggs, so you can eat it raw even though they don't recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->