Can I feel baby already?

DoodleDoo

Reaction score
I never thought it would be possible but the last two mornings I've felt *something*...

I always wake up with a really, really full bladder (and a teeny teeny bump yayay :happydance:) and it is always first thing as I'm still lying on my side in bed needing to pee that I feel it. I've heard women describe early movements as bubbles/fizzing and what I'm feeling is kind of like that. It's 100% not gas, in totally the wrong place for anything like that.

I felt it first two days ago, and then yesterday and then again today. It doesn't last for long but I know I'm not imagining it. Is my bladder pressing baby closer into me? Am I just going mad? :p

It is very early for your first but not at all impossible , with my first I felt movement at 16 weeks and this time round I felt slight movement at what I thought was twelve weeks but I had my dates wrong so I would have only been ten weeks plus a few days, I've only felt it a handful of times but there is no doubt in my mind that it is baby because of feels exactly the same as last time round :) I would say you know your own body and would be able to tell if it was gas or not etc :haha: it's a lovely feeling isn't it? I just can't wait for it to get more frequent and stronger! It's just the best feeling :flower:

Aww really happy to hear that I'm not going crazy! It is really nice, I try not to pee in the morning to see if I can feel it haha :p

It's crazy how early you felt it! I guess it's easier to spot when you know what you're looking for! I can't wait until they become proper little kicks and prods :)

It's so crazy that you posted this, bc just last night I told my husband that I swear im feeling the baby. it was deep in my uterus and def not gas or anything intestinal. the timing of the feeling was exactly like with my first. had I not been pregnant before I would not have been able to feel anything. but i def felt the twinges. I told him, I know this sounds crazy but I can totally feel the baby moving! he didn't think I was crazy, so that made me feel better. I feel asleep to the sweet feeling. we are close in due dates, so maybe there's something to it! thanks for the post!

I could feel baby at exactly 11 weeks. I couldnt feel kicks or movement, I just could tell the baby was in there when I bent over.

I felt baby squirming about for sure at about 12+2. Felt like a little worm tickling me from the inside, I'm convinced it's baby as its only got stronger :)

Aww thanks for all your replies girls. It's so nice to know it's not just me! :) I'm interested to see if it will feel the same as baby gets bigger and stronger.

Sarasmile, I think I read somewhere that baby gets really wriggly at 11 and 12 weeks so maybe it is our similar due date! Whereabouts in NC are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I grew up there (and miss it a fair bit whenever I'm away) :p I'm jealous that it's your permanent home!

Aww thanks for all your replies girls. It's so nice to know it's not just me! :) I'm interested to see if it will feel the same as baby gets bigger and stronger.

Sarasmile, I think I read somewhere that baby gets really wriggly at 11 and 12 weeks so maybe it is our similar due date! Whereabouts in NC are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I grew up there (and miss it a fair bit whenever I'm away) :p I'm jealous that it's your permanent home!

Maybe so. It was a great feeling and i have to be really still to notice it.
I live near Boone, in the mountains. Its an amazing place to live and feel very lucky to be raising my family in such a beautiful area. Where did you grow up? I grew up in eastern NC, though.... terrible area.

I think I've been feeling movements...I can't be entirely sure as I've never had one before, but it's definitely an odd feeling in exactly the places I find him or her with the doppler...It started like bubbles but now it's a bit more squirmy...

Maybe so. It was a great feeling and i have to be really still to notice it.
I live near Boone, in the mountains. Its an amazing place to live and feel very lucky to be raising my family in such a beautiful area. Where did you grow up? I grew up in eastern NC, though.... terrible area.

That sounds magical for you :) The USA can be a really beautiful place. I lived in Timberlake, my Dad still lives there. His neighbours are the nicest bunch of hillbillies :p it was a great place to grow up, his house is set basically in the forest :') very different to England where I live now!

I think I've been feeling movements...I can't be entirely sure as I've never had one before, but it's definitely an odd feeling in exactly the places I find him or her with the doppler...It started like bubbles but now it's a bit more squirmy...

If you don't mind me asking, when did you pick up baby on a doppler? I have one but it says 14+ weeks on it and so far I've heard nothing!

Also, your ticker says you're second tri today! Congrats :happydance:

Thanks doodle! :happydance: You'll be joining me in no time!

I started using the doppler at 9 weeks and got the hb, but it's very tricky to use and took me a good 20 minutes to begin with! I have a Sonoline B which I think are really good at picking it up.

Thanks Jumping! :) I might give it another go at the weekend then... I only spent a few minutes before and had no idea what I'm doing! :p Hopefully he's all healthy in there. I haven't seen/heard him at all yet and I'm getting really impatient. Hoping that the horrible MS is a good sign!

I'm almost positive I can feel the baby. It's in the right location and it's a new feeling, so I'm convinced. I had a scan today and the doctor said my baby is extremely active (yay?) and that she'd be surprised if I'm not feeling it yet. So, it's possible!

Heather, that's so interesting! Thanks for sharing that :) I've not felt it for a few days but I'm positive it wasn't just gas I felt. Also, congrats on your healthy scan!

So I just had a bath and decided to give baby a poke, and sure enough I felt a squirm :cloud9:

Have you got your scan soon Doodle? Is this your first baby?

Erm my midwife is scheduling me for a scan in the next week or two. Due to a confusion earlier on, all of my appointments have been much later than they should have been! I can't wait. I keep worrying because I haven't seen it that something will be wrong. It is our first baby so all of this is so new. Is this your first as well?

By the way, I love your new display picture. What an amazing scan :)

With my first I felt him move from 13 weeks, so yes it is entirely possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->