can I get pregnant, bf, no periods

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
My lg is just over 7 months and ebf from birth. My periods haven't returned yet, but at the moment I'm all crampy and think it might be coming :( me and oh are thinking of trying again soon. If my period doesn't come back yet, can I actually get pregnant? I know people who have got pregnant whilst breastfeeding, but no idea if their periods had returned or not. Logically my mind is saying I need to be having periods to get pregnant. Damn I wish I'd listened more in biology, or do they just not tell us this stuff?!x

Yes you can if you got pregnant on your first ovulation you wouldn't have a period yet :)

I fell pregnant whilst bfing and no period, so from the first time I ovulated. It resulted in a chemical pregnancy but I don't think that was anything to do with bfing x

No period between my first and second. In fact since I got pregnant with DD in early June 2009 I've only had one period, but 4 pregnancies.

yep . preg twice while breastfeeding, second time I was just getting period back.

No AF between having ds2 and this pregnancy! We're still both in shock as it took such a long time to get #1 lol!!

Yep, you can get pregnant before you get your period. You only have your period after an egg that was released was not fertilized. The uterus sheds the lining during a period since the lining isn't needed because of a lack of a fetus.

So technically, if you have sex and that egg is fertilized, it settles in and sets up house in your uterus, you wouldn't have a period and you'd be pregnant :)

My daughter will be one year old this month and I've only had 4 periods. Not regular at all. :nope:

I hope you're able to add to your family soon :flower:

You can ovulate without having a period. This is the important factor, not the period itself. Have you noticed any dips in milk production? How about (TMI ahead), excess vaginal mucus? Both are signs of ovulation.

Definitely more cm the past few days. And feeding has become incredibly painful :( we were dtd last night and the condom broke. I know we were thinking if trying soon, but not just yet! Is the morning after pill safe to take whilst breastfeeding?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->