Can i get pregnant?

babydust11

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering if any one can give me advice. Okay so i have been having unprotected sex with my fiance' for 18 months and still not pregnant. We aren't "actively" trying but i just thought i would be pregnant by now. Can some one give me advice please. thanks :shrug:

sometimes it can take a couple of years for some couples to fall pregnant hun. What i would do, cause you been trying for over 1 year is see your dr. Have you thought about getting some ovulation testing sticks to see if your ovulating, or taking your temp and checking that way. I would probably try the ovulation tests first and see what happens there. Try not to stress about it though, it will happen when its right.

course you can it might just take a while thats all and if it does then we are all here to support you on your ttc journey hun , so welcome xx

course you can it might just take a while thats all and if it does then we are all here to support you on your ttc journey hun , so welcome xx

I agree we are all here to support you when you need it.....

Ptwannabe: I was thinking that it could be timing. I mean i haven't used ovulation strips, or done temps. I just hope i can conceive. I just keep telling myself it will happen. My periods have been regular for the last few months. I hope it will happen soon. :(

It took my friends 3.5 years! No fertility probs- just took time! She is now 6 months pg and soo excited!

Ahhh that's good. If it helps, she gave up booze for the 3 months prior to her bfp too. Not sure if it made a difference, but there ya go! Xx

Really 3.5 years, that makes me feel better in a way! I don't drink but smoke cigs. :/ another thing, i had appendicitis when i was 11. Do you think that has anything to do with me getting pregnant?

I keep wondering the same thing. We certainly weren't ready when we went NTNP, and really aren't entirely "ready" now either, him especially. I am in the wave that says "you are never really ready!"
But we have been NTNP for 13 months. I have PCOS, along with mental disorders and a few other things I do not care to get into. I feel like the odds are against me, but having it be a surprise is what I would really like the most. I took one of those First Response fertillity tests, it came free in a box of preg tests. It says it only measures reserves, and the ability to release eggs etc, and it came up positive, so at least I have some eggies in there!
Every month I hope its THE month, I had a psychic reading that said it would be last month, but it did not happen. The month before I may have had a chemical.
Keep your chin up and don't get too wound up if it hasn't been a long time trying. You will get there!

Limeferret: Thank you so much for that, it just feels like everyone else is getting pregnant and i'm not. I'm the same way I keep hoping af doesn't come every month but she always shows up! And another thing my mom conceived TWICE on birthcontrol!! First time with me and the second time with TWINS! She wasn't even trying, she was preventing. So I try to tell myself it will happen. I've been off the pill since January even though I was only on it for about a month or two. Good luck to you!

Oh man. One of my old friends just gave birth, and another one made the announcement that she is expecting. I just have to keep my chin up and know one day I will have my precious little one...

dnt give up ladies, i never thought i cud get preg at all :? i was with an ex for 2yr using nothing, not preg, another ex 3yr using nothing .. not preg ( so glad now tho as i wasnt in the right relationship:?)

got with OH 2yrs using nothing , then one day my boobs were so sore, dnt even know wot made me test but i did it was pos, i was 7wk ! ,sadley mmc at 12wk , then 7mth of "proper" ttc ( charting/opk etc ) we concived morgan :dance:

started ttc again in april this yr, sadley mc in july at just 5wk ( used opk/charting etc again)

dnt give up sometimes it just simply doesnt happen, ive 2cousins, 1took 4yr 2 conceive her boy, 3yr to conceive her girl, my other cousin 2yr to conceive her 2nd.......... fertility all fine :shrug:

xxxxxxxx

Limeferret: Exactly i just think positive. And my fiance and I are the only ones without a baby, so that doesn't help!

Honey08: Wow really that long? I know my fiance is fertile. maybe your right i've also had unprotected sex with my other ex for 9 months and nothing happend, Gladley! My mother even told me just bc it may not be easy to get pregnant for me doesn't mean i can't get pregnant. As all of my friends who have gotten pregnant have said don't ever think you can't get pregnant lol. i'm just worried bc i have always wanted a baby. Everyone always asks when are you going to have one :( any suggestions though? my periods have been coming every 30-33 days..
thanks SO much, you've made me feel better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbishop
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->