Can i get the Sure Start Maternity Grant?

if you recive higher tax credits you get it everyone gets free prescriptions for a year while pregnant and so i wouldnt just go of that but theres no harm in applying ofr it x

We got free prescriptions before i was pregant and my other half still gets them now. Gonna try, worst they can say is no!

I don't understand this grant at all...

How about it you get no CTCs yet because you're a first time mum? But you're a single Mum? Are you entitled to it then?

Do you get income support? If so, yes you can get it! If you dont, i think you can claim it once you have had your baby. Dont quote me though, as like i said before, im so confussed by this grant!!

if ur a first time mum, u have up until the baby is 3 months old to apply so if u get ctc after baby is born u canapply then, hth

YEah I would have got it too coz we're on the higher tax credits he's full tine I'm part time wiv a 4 year old but not now they've changed the dates :( I was goin to save the money so I could have an extra 3 months off work at the end of my maternity leave. Oh well back to savin up. GLAd you managed to get it hun, it can really make a difference xxx

Just wanted to say that the changes have not yet been put into place hunny. I phoned them last week for my forms and to ask about this and he said its not true and if the changes are going to take place it wont be for another few months, so anyone who is due in april will still get there money if they are entitled to it :hugs:

Im really really sorry to say they have been changed already :( I phoned twice yesterday and both said if you already have children you have to be due before the 11th to qualify :( Im gutted.
After reading all this today i decided to phone again :growlmad:
The man on the phone said to me that the changes was not in place yet.. And i will qualify for my money. He said the changes are looking to be in place BY april.. He said if you are not 29 weeks by the 11th April then you wont qualify because of the changes. So we all should get it then :growlmad: Prope confusing me this..

YEah I would have got it too coz we're on the higher tax credits he's full tine I'm part time wiv a 4 year old but not now they've changed the dates :( I was goin to save the money so I could have an extra 3 months off work at the end of my maternity leave. Oh well back to savin up. GLAd you managed to get it hun, it can really make a difference xxx

Just wanted to say that the changes have not yet been put into place hunny. I phoned them last week for my forms and to ask about this and he said its not true and if the changes are going to take place it wont be for another few months, so anyone who is due in april will still get there money if they are entitled to it :hugs:

Im really really sorry to say they have been changed already :( I phoned twice yesterday and both said if you already have children you have to be due before the 11th to qualify :( Im gutted.
The man on the phone said to me that the changes was not in place yet.. And i will qualify for my money. He said the changes are looking to be in place BY april.. He said if you are not 29 weeks by the 11th April then you wont qualify because of the changes. So we all should get it then :growlmad: Prope confusing me this..

A lady on the other thread had her regection letter already because her due date was after the 11th

i just got off the fone and they said that if u send it off now then u should stilll get it. my due date is 15th and i had a dd who is nearly 9. and they said as long as they get the paper work b4 april it should be fine. i bloody hope so! x

Thats what they said to me to.. So long as your 29 weeks before 11th April then we all get it :happydance:

A lady on the other thread had her regection letter already because her due date was after the 11th

Now im even more confused grrr :dohh: Why are they telling so many different stories? I just dont understand.. Ill just have to wait and see if i get rejected :cry:

Now im even more confused grrr :dohh: Why are they telling so many different stories? I just dont understand.. Ill just have to wait and see if i get rejected :cry:

They decided to make all the changed to the website first before informing all of the helpline people so most them don't know about it.
I'd say apply anyway, it won't hurt. I am.

So the bit about not getting it if you already have a child, does that take affect from now or April?

Ladies with children already with a due date of 11th April or after won't get it, if your due date is 10th April or before you will.
It doesn't affect first time mums.

Unfortunately haze is right.
It was me who's had a rejection letter b/c I have a son already and my due date is the 13th April... I'm out by 2 days... it does say on the letter if I have my baby before the 11th then to apply again. It sucks but the new rules are in play already and sadly not all the staff have been informed hence the mixed information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->