can i give this

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
so i know shes allowed chamomile/fennel tea but just thought id check this cos its got more 'exotic' stuff in lol

so i bought some tangerine, peach and echinacea tea and thought i could give leyla some instead of juice cos she despises plain water and wont drink any :dohh:

but im worried now she cant have some of the stuff in it, like tangerines for starters, arent they 1yr+, and citric acid? whats that? natural flavourings? theyre ok right? im so confused lol

x

What are the ingredients of the tea? I have given echinacea loads of times now, but only on it's own.

I read it's fine to give citrus from 6+ months.

Dunno about echinacea, only because I was told not to take it when pregnant.

I would look for flavoured teas with the least amount of ingredients listed.

Yeah you're not meant to give echinacea tincture or anything, but I think very weak tea is ok. I have been giving it to Freya as she had a cold and I thought it might help. You're not meant to give echinacea really regularly though if you're wanting to use it as an immune system booster as the body can build up a resistance to it. :)

I always used to take it, first thing I reached for when I had a cold - but now I've been taking just zinc and vit c. Never seen it as a tea before :)

hmm i dont know if i should give her it now, what kind of fruit teas is she allowed, do either of u know? she refuses water and i dont like giving her too much juice cos they are so full of crap

x

My hv told me i can try her on all fruits from 6 months though she may not like it , its good to try her ...so imo give it her weak xx

i would say give it to her weak like serina said, the worst she will do is spit it out if she doesnt like it!

Lou
xxx

Yeah I agree, if you make it so weak that it just flavours the water, there won't be much actual tea in it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->