can i have a 4d scan with a cerclage.

dippy

Reaction score
hi ladies. for those of u who have had a cerclage i just wanted to know if any of you have ever had a 4d scan done with a stitch in place. i want one at 24 weeks for reassurance. xxx

Hi there hun. Does a 4d scan involve tvu as well as external scanning? x

hey lizzie.... oh no i dont think its tvu just abdominal although i might ask them to look at the cervix from on top just to see whether the stitch is holding. what do u think?

Hi. 4d scan perfectly safe then hun. I can understand your temptation to get your cervix checked at the same time, but bear in mind that it's not gonna be accurate sweet.

If they did see some mild funneling (not a problem now the stitch is in), they cannot tell how long or short your cervix is, and it may just set you off worrying. What was your CL at the last scan? So pleased they put the stitch in. Was your cervix still closed when it went in? They probably did a macdonald stitch - a thick mercilene tape is used, it looks like old typewriter ribbon x

wait until 26-27 weeks if you can. Much better images.
and its fine with suture

Hey. Yeh i know 26 weeks is better but i'm worried i wont get to that like the last time. i really hope i do. i just couldn't handle another preemie baby even though i love the one iv got to bits.

well i was 45mms and jumped to 25mms in a week so doc decided stitch was a definite. from what I know there was no funnelling or dilating just cervical changes. We didnt want the risk of waiting till 22 weeks when I could possibly have bulging membranes and 0 cervix.

yeh i think ur ryt about the tape-so is that a mcdonald suture?

so overall a 4d scan is ok? i might still ask them to have a quick peek just to see a rough lenght of cervix- i promise i wont get depressed if the results arent great!!!!! :)

I had it done at 27 weeks.... all was fine :) They just did abdominal scan and could even see my stitch in place from that angle :) xx

hi ladies. for those of u who have had a cerclage i just wanted to know if any of you have ever had a 4d scan done with a stitch in place. i want one at 24 weeks for reassurance. xxx

Hi..

Yes you can.. I had one with my last pregnancy.. It's was fine so enjoy it. It's really cool.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->