Can I have laproscopy if I'm on my period?

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by misty31, Jan 30, 2011.

1. misty31

misty31 Member

I'm due to have a laproscopy on Thursday but I'm due to start that day. I mentioned this to the lady at the hospital, she said it depends on the consultant. Wondering if any one has any thughts on this?

2. JamerC77

JamerC77 Well-Known Member

I did. She was able to do all of the checking around, remove one bad tube - fix the other and remove adhesions. She was pleased with the results.

3. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

I wasnt allowed to have one day if i was on my period. I was due on but was luckly late. So could have it

4. CareBear

CareBear Is considering whats next

I had my lap and dye on CD2 as long as you are not bleeding heavily they can do it.

5. sugarlove

sugarlove Guest

I'm due AF just before I get my lap on the 9th. I hope to god they will still do it. Been waiting ages!

6. misty31

misty31 Member

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed i'll be late! Only found out on Friday I was getting it done so its all a bit of a shock! Lets hope mother nature will be kind!

7. cottonlily

cottonlily Well-Known Member

I don't know why they wouldn't do it. What they do is all done within the abdominal cavity, not the uterus. I don't see how that would matter. And I was sure bleeding when they finished with me! All that having been said I do remember they had me call not until my period started to schedule the lap for later.

8. Tampa

Tampa Guest

This is a bit late, but I was told nothing about this until the day of my procedure, when the nurse told me they couldn't do it if I was bleeding. The consultant then came over and said if it wasn't too heavy, it would be ok. It went ahead. Hope it's been ok - I remember feeling very sorry for myself due to the gas for about 10 days! Hope you make a speedy recovery.

X