can I Join you?

honeybee2

Reaction score
hello!

I was in TTC for 16 months temping and using opks etc.
I decided to stay away from TTC as it was making me a bit mental and obsessed and each month was just another disappointment :cry:

Well, with our wedding just 9 and a bit months away we are very busy planning- and even concentrating on something else hasn't made any difference. We are not 'trying' now, just leaving it up to nature- after 23 months still no BFP I'm so angry :growlmad:

OH had tests and his sperm is too slow (very slow infact) and they have found out I probs have PCOS (scan at the end of the month) and also my testosterone is way too high.

We saw the urologist the other day and he told us IUI was never going to work because his sperm are too slow for even that and we can keep avaoiding using contraception and wait for it to happen naturally (if it ever does!) or IVF is our only hope.

I'm 22 now, and have 11 months to wait until im 23 to be put on the waiting list- so that'll be 2 months after our wedding.

I also need to get my BMI to 30 for IVF and have to loose 2 stone, at least ive got 11 months to do it in!!

So hello !!! :hugs: any help or advice?

honeybee- welcome to bnb! This is a great support group so I'm sure everyone on here will be of great help :)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Mine was almost a year ago and I remember how fun and stressful it was!!! So enjoy every min. of it cause it goes so fast!!!

I think it's great that you have started looking for help from now that way you don't really lose time. I know that we waited until after we got married and I really wished we would have known all this before. But that's ok cause it's the way the Lord planned it. We also found out that my DH has low motility (only 10% are moving at normal and 0% moving a excellent) so that was def. a very sad moment for us. Then my FS had me do an HSG test and both my tubes were blocked and we didn't even know why. That was crazy sad news for us!! But now my FS cleaned it all out and got both tubes unblocked and has DH on L-Carnatine (he takes religiously) to see if it helps increase his motility and count. We are scheduled for Clomid and IUI this month and fx we are praying it works the 1st time!!!!!

I'm not sure what your doc would say but maybe ask what vit your OH can take to try and increase sperm motility. I know I've heard of many on this forum.

Best wishes!!!!

he takes a multivitimin supplement and the doctor has given OH 2 months worth of antibiotics to clear up any lingering infections to see if that helps but doc said it probs wont.

Fingers crossed that will do it!!!! Keep us posted!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->