Can I set the record straight??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyHaines

Mummy to baby George!!
Reaction score
Right, I've just read through the 'Continuing to use the NP section thread' and was gutted to see I couldn't respond, so thought I'd say my piece here if that's ok??
I was the terrible person that mentioned my reaction to people buying cheap chicken & battery eggs, and I received an infraction because of it.
Firstly, what I said was MY OPINION. It was not meant as a personal attack to anybody. It is what I believe, and I will never back down from that. I have been in intensive farms and was shocked and appalled to discover how we as humans treat other living creatures. I feel I am qualified to comment on these appalling methods as I have volunteered many hours to helping change the situation and have been involved in the rescue and rehoming of about 14,000 ex-battery hens.
In my opinion, if you can't afford free range - then don't have. You don't have to buy chicken?? But again, that's MY opinion.
(Vici will second that I don't force my views on others I hope as we often meet for lunch together). I am in the same boat as most and am often on a tight budget, but I have my morals when it comes to food and how we rear animals.
Secondly - I really, really hope that those that had a dig at me, telling me to 'get a grip' etc. also received an infraction? Otherwise I think it may be a little unfair.
And thirdly, I class myself as a fairly open-minded, thoughtful person. I give up a hell of a lot of time for others and do a lot of voluntary work. I have never thought of myself as a nasty person and am offended that I may be perceived as such. If I say/do something that may be seen as offensive, then just question it. I don't bite!! You don't need to 'report me' and sneak about doing it. 9/10 times I mean something one way and by the time I've typed it, it sounds completely different!!

Anyways. I'm not crawling, nor am I really apologising. I guess I just want everyone to understand what was meant.

Well that's my cards on the table....

Thank you, but to save dragging it all up again it is probably best I lock this and leave it here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back