Can ovulation kits be wrong

goddess25

Reaction score
So... I tried to monitor OPKs on the cycle that I conceived my daughter and I never got a positive but I did miss a few days testing that it could have happened on. I am monitoring my cycle this month with OPKs and I am a bit scared that there will not be any positives as I am worried that I am not ovulating any more.

Are OPKs totally accurate? If I were not to get a hint of a surge on them would you say that I was not ovulating?

I'm not sure what you're using, but I used Clearblue Digital OPK. I only received 1 smiley face and my 1 smiley resulted in pregnancy! Oh, if you are using digital, PLEASE don't analyze the test window when you pop the strip out. You can't read those, just like you can't read the test window in digital preg test. I nearly went mad looking at that dang test window. The day I got my positive OPK, the test window was smudged. I assumed it was a false positive, but 14 days later...........I guess it wasn't!!!!!!

I m new to this forum.. just TTC since 3 months.. Bought Clear Blue digital test 2 days back & tested this mrng.. Guess what my first test & it was a Smile :). Are these smileys accurate ?? I will put my hubby to work tonight & hoping it results in pregnancy.. Wish me Luck & please share your exprn.

aanch, how many days are your cycles normally? What day are you on?

Thanks.. My cycle are 29 days.. i am CD 16 .. I use My Days calendar for calculation & it showed me CD 16 .. so i checked that mrng & saw the smily :) . tested next day for curiosity but no smile... & my temp did go little up (< 1) .. hopefully then i ovulated. Now will wait and watch. .Good luck every1

I HATE OPK's!! I just cannot get a positive one to save my life...even the two times I conceived. We are trying again after my 2nd MC, and got some from dollar tree, but then was like ''what the heck was I thinking:dohh:'' So I'm just gonna put those away, have an insane amount of :sex: just 'cause we can and we love it:haha:... and hope we can catch the eggie

aanch......sounds like your smiley was accurate then!!!!!!!! Good luck on your 2WW!

hew81 - I did check my temp for 2 days after the Smile & it has gone up ... However the fertilityfriend.com temp chart does not show that i ovulated. Not sure what that mean. We did BD day before & on day of Smile... So crossing fingers. When do i have to test , wait until my AF ?

No....you start testing around 10 DPO and possibly get a BFP. The only thing that is scary about that is that if you get a positive and then start your period (chemical pregnancy). I know it's hard to wait until your period is due and I admit I'm not one to wait. But if you get a BFP and then start your period, you'll be even more upset and confused. So, it's up to you really! So how many DPO are you today?

I have been observing high temp for 3 days after OPP was +ve. so i entered data in fertilityfriend.com & the chart now shows CD16 as my Ovulation Date. I am on 5 DPO today ,, will wait to test till my AF arrives. (Hopefully they dont arrive this month)
I would rather be happy only when its meant to be true :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->