Can ovulation tests detect pregnancy?

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
I ovulated a few weeks ago and I've been spotting the last few days I took an ovulation test which came back dark positive a few times. I think I could be miscarrying and feel pregnant. I am going to test tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with this thanks?

This is my third pregnancy if I do end up pregnant, I've had one loss and one daughter who is 10 months old.

Thanks

I ovulated a few weeks ago and I've been spotting the last few days I took an ovulation test which came back dark positive a few times. I think I could be miscarrying and feel pregnant. I am going to test tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with this thanks?

This is my third pregnancy if I do end up pregnant, I've had one loss and one daughter who is 10 months old.

Thanks

I've heard that ovulation tests can be darker if pregnant. You may be experiencing implantation bleeding?

Hopefully you end up with whatever outcome you would most like. :)

Day after my missed period I had a really really dark opk :) I knew then I was pregnant ad I had already got a bfp :)

Yes and no but of course you shouldnt use or go by ovulation test as a pregnancy one.

It is said (and true in my case) ovulation tests can pick up hormone for pregnancy earlier than an internet cheapie. I will see if i can upload my pics for you.

Good luck for testing.

This was my ovulation at 4w3d

Attachments

• 2014-03-04 15.06.45.jpg
    2014-03-04 15.06.45.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 10
My tests are identicle to that just did a preg test with diluted wee which came back neg. will leave it a few days and test again as in not entirely sure when in due on. I think I'm due in a few days. Did you also get a dark hpt too?

I think I'm miscarrying either way I've been spotting for five days :/ so either way I'm counting myself out this time I think xx

Mine was very dark when pregnant with DD3, I took it around the same time as I would a early pregnancy test.

I had positive OPK's for 3 days before BFP so it worked for me, I don't know if it works for everyone or every time.

With my first I was new to tracking my cycle and thought I was about to ovulate only two weeks after already ovulating. I took a opk and it was a strong positive and then 2 days later I got a positive hpt. With my second I used the cbfm sticks and they gave me a positive too but not if you put them in the machine. With my third it was just my hpt that went positive

My ov sticks weren't obviously positive from pregnancy until a week after my AF was due by which point I had very dark hpts, I always thought and have read on here that an ov test wouldn't show an obvious line for pregnancy until a hpt was showing good lines but everyone must be different

My tests are identicle to that just did a preg test with diluted wee which came back neg. will leave it a few days and test again as in not entirely sure when in due on. I think I'm due in a few days. Did you also get a dark hpt too?

I think I'm miscarrying either way I've been spotting for five days :/ so either way I'm counting myself out this time I think xx

I did but i dont think i got dark hpt until i was 5w. Spotting isnt always a bad sign, best of luck.

OPK test detect LH and pregnancy test detect HCG. However, both of these hormones are very similar in their makeup so, OPK can pick up on HCG and mistake it for LH.
Having positive OPKs at weird times in your cycle could mean lots of things, like you will ovulate within the next few days, or your LH surged gearing up for ovulation, but for some reason it didn't occur, so you surge again a little while later and really ovulate then. There is also possibility that you keep surging but never actually ovulate or your surge lasts a long time. But, with darker line, I strongly suspect pregnancy and think this spotting could be implantation bleeding.

The only time I had a pos opk was the day before af would arrive for me. I'd never get a pos at ov time and didn't either with any pregnancies, god knows I'd pee on anything :haha:

It worked for me. I experimented after I found out I'm pregnant and got positive opks too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->