Can progesterone cause false positive?

emsna

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am 7dpo and even though I know its too early I took a test, (now 4 of them, naturally) all positive, but this is my first cycle on progesterone and I don't know if that can cause a false positive, or even if it's ok to get a BFP so early?
I've had one miscarriage at 6 1/2 weeks and 3 chemicals and I have always had my positive tests at 12 dpo, so now I'm just confused!!!
Thanks for any input or advice!
:wacko:

No, progesterone wont cause false positives. A trigger shot would. If not, then congrats :)

I have never heard this before. As far as I know, hpt only detect HCGs and progesterone. They are completely different hormones. So, it sounds very unlikely that progesterone could cause a false positive. It is not uncommon to get positive test so early. Implantation can happen as early as six days and as late as 12 days after fertilization/ovulation. There are many factors which determine how early you can get positive pregnancy test. These factors are timing of implantation, sensitivity of test kit and urine hCG level. Urine hCG can be detected about two to three days after blood hCG can first be seen. In the first few weeks after implantation, the amount of hCG that is secreted doubles every 48-72 hours, which means that the level of hCG in a pregnant woman's body quickly increases from almost nothing to quite a lot in just a few days. You can also order a blood test to confirm your pregnancy. Congratulations in advance!!!

Since home pregnancy tests only measure hcg, progesterone supplements will not affect test results. If you're seeing a coloured test line, you have a BFP! 7dpo is extremely early, yes, but it's occasionally possible to implant as early as 3-4dpo. If you started off with a pretty decent hcg level, and you implanted super early, it's entirely possible to pick it up on your HPT this early. Congrats!

As everyone else said Progesterone will not cause a positive HPT only HCG will , its possible your baby implanted very early or you ovulated earlier then you thought. congrats!.

Not a chance. You're pregnant unless you took a trigger shot. Congrats :) xxx

Nope. Progesterone is nothing like HCG. Congrats !!!

Just putting a correction. Unless you ovulated much earlier and didnt know to count it, would be the only way to implant on 3dpo or get positive pregnancy test at 3dpo.

Thanks everyone! Still getting positives so it seems to be sticking!!! Trying to stay calm until I see that heartbeat sitting in the right place, will be such an awesome moment if we can get there, fingers crossed!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->