• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can someone advise me:

I wonder if she would be entitled to help from the Mr X appeal. Our council do it. People donate presents and they are given to those in need.
Thank you; I will take a look into this too x

Yes that could be doable, we was thinking of maybe a hamper with Christmas food in so she can have an xmas dinner, so we could maybe add an envelope into it.
We would have about £100 for each child so I know it’s not a huge budget but it’s all we can afford to do (another girl is also helping us so it would be the £100 all in) then we was going to do a chicken, stuffing, Yorkshire’s etc in a basket with some shortbread etc x
Waw Monkee, that is incredibly generous, don't underestimate how much of a relief this will be for her, and what a wonderful Christmas it will provide her children.

Thank you Hun, if it puts a smile on her face, then it’s all I need. We’re going to get the stuff once the kids go back to school, at the moment we’re isolating due to my daughter having a positive case in her year so my DD has to self isolate which means we all are.

I’m thinking of a BeatBo for her little girl but going to take a look online and see what we can find

So far all is going well. I’ve ordered a large hamper box, which will be filled with treats and £50 cash in an envelope.

I’m getting her some nice PJ’s and a dressing gown plus a nice bath set.

I’ve still got to order the gifts for the kids but we have an idea of what we’re getting, they will have one big gift each and a few little ones.

I think it’s a lovely idea ! If someone done this for me and my children I would probably cry at such a wonderful gesture !

So far all is going well. I’ve ordered a large hamper box, which will be filled with treats and £50 cash in an envelope.

I’ve still got to order the gifts for the kids but we have an idea of what we’re getting, they will have one big gift each and a few little ones.

Amazing well done lovely x

So sweet of you! :cloud9:❤️

Thank you Hun, but it’s only because of others in the area that I can do it. I wouldn’t be able to afford it otherwise x

Its lovely to know you are in a real community, and you are doing a wonderful job of looking after each other.

Hello, hope you've managed to get a bit of a rest? Among all the other stuff you've got on your plate I was wondering how your arrangements had progressed for your neighbour and her family and how she was doing?

Hello, hope you've managed to get a bit of a rest? Among all the other stuff you've got on your plate I was wondering how your arrangements had progressed for your neighbour and her family and how she was doing?

Not been able to get any rest yet but I’m planning for an early night if I can. All went well, presents and voucher were all bought and wrapped and will be given to her tomorrow before I move, she’s had a lot of crap from her ex who it turns out was gaslighting her and she never really told anyone how bad it got. She’s been invited for dinner to another girls on our street as sadly we was meant to be away but that has all been screwed uk now with the recent lockdown of Tier 4. All together we spent around £400, (£100 on each child, £50 on mum, £100 voucher and £50 on the stuff for the hamper) sadly I couldn’t do anything more because the sofa and DD’s bedroom has rinsed us this month, plus uniforms etc and now need to try and get together a Christmas lunch to try and salvage what we can of Christmas 2020) xx

I think you've done an absolute wonderful job and she will be delighted with everything and everyone. If she's been gaslighted you can bet she's forgotten that she's worth love and care and you and your community are giving her that back<3

I think you've done an absolute wonderful job and she will be delighted with everything and everyone. If she's been gaslighted you can bet she's forgotten that she's worth love and care and you and your community are giving her that back<3
Thanks hun, it’s been a rough year for people and it’s good knowing that she won’t be alone at Christmas and that she will have gifts xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->