Can someone explain a Bumbo

AP

Reaction score
Alex is 3 months(corrected, ignore the ticker! Thats her real age!)

I see some ladies have bumbos for their LO's. To me they look like pottys tbh?! Are they any good? Worth it? And is Alex old enough?

We have got a bumbo for Izzy, they are a little seat (does look like a potty), it supports the back so they can practice sitting and using the appropriate muscles. I would say Alex is old enough, at the moment we r building up the time that Izzy sits in it, and there is a tray for putting in toys etc.

I am a great fan, had one for my daughter and will be on the top of my list for the twins when they come. Lexie loved it, well worth it hun xx

Thats good if its good for muscles and posture - something that is very important for Alex just now

Imi has one and now at 4 months I feel happy with her sitting in it. It supports her back and she sits in it when we're playing with toys or if she's watching telly :) They apparently make a good alternative to a high chair when weaning :) I have had it a while but would never let her sit in it for more than a min or 2 as she didn't have "proper" head control :)

Earl has one - the instructions are quite vague 'from when baby can hold up their head (around 3 months) until they can get out on their own'.

Earl only goes in it for 1-2 minutes at the moment as he's strictly too young but he loves it and holds himself pretty well. :thumbup:

Finn could get out of it by the time he was old enough to go in it so it was of limited use really... though it was good in the summer before we got a highchair and to feed him in if we were on hols or something. But im glad I didnt pay for it really.

we got ours given, glad i never bought one, rosie did not like it got board v quick x

look around ebay or carboots for one.
i payed 99p on ebay and def got my moneys worth.
brought it when he was 4 months, and he spent loads of time sitting playing with toys in it for about a month.
used it on and off since for weaning, but he prefers to eat in the high chair.
dont think its worth paying full price for one though

I bought one of these for my 2nd son and had to take it back as he was a big baby and his wee legs were so chubby they got stuck in the leg holes! I wasnt all that keen on the way he looked in it anyway, he looked very uncomfortable and bent over, maybe he was still a bit too young for it. I bought one of those inflatable 'doughnut' shaped rings instead which was really comfy and was a godsend when he was learning to sit up as he could flop about and not hurt his head.

Haha I thought they looked like potties too! :)

But mine has been FABULOUS. Ruby still can't / doesn't get out of it at 8 months so she still sits in it while I do chores etc. We bought it at 4.5m.

I bought mine on ebay for £10. Bought the tray too though which was a waste because Ruby hated it being on for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->