Can someone explain how to use ovulation test strips to a newbie?

gerbera35

Reaction score
I have regular cycles..28 days but want to try and pinpoint my peak time seeing as we have been trying for a while with no luck.

What day do you start testing on?
How often do you test?

I'm ordering some test strips online tonight to use next cycle..

I used Clearblue Fertility Monitor and the Wondfo Ovulation sticks.

For the non clearblue fertility monitor sticks, pee on the ovulation stick every morning. Start on Cycle Day 10.

Follow the instructions and check back 3 or 5 minutes. If the your line is as dark as the control line, you are about to ovulate within 24 hours.

Test twice a day to catch your surge since some women have short surges.

Example is below. This person ovulated at around Cycle Day 14.

https://www.yourcervicalmucus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/030.jpg

Record your ovulation on fertilityfriend.com It will help predict your next ovulation.

I'd just add one more tip, if you can test in the afternoon instead that would be ideal, afternoon to evening is when LH is most prevalent in your system.

Thanks for the information girls!! I am only CD 3 so have a bit to go.

I start the wondfo's on cd5 personally [around 12 p.m.] and I start testing 2x/day around cd10 [12 p.m. and 6 p.m. if possible]. They are so cheap [$20 for 50 & 20 preg tests on amazon] so I don't feel bad about starting earlier in the cycle so I can get in the routine of testing.

I'm also doing the clear-blue advanced digital ovulation tests this cycle and they tell you exactly which day to start & you use FMU.

Determined to catch it with these again this month but my stupid bbt chart on fertility friend has me all sorts of confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->