Can someone explain what a Braxton Hick is supposed to feel like?

lcmorla

Reaction score
I know I should be getting them shortly. I'm 27 weeks tomorrow.

Baby is so freaking strong. She wants out!

Haha I say that about little man too! Cant believe how strong they are when they're still so small. I had some BH the other week when I had some pains and tightening in my stomach. Took my breath away if I'm honest but the ones I've had since we're fine.

I think there different for everyone though and not a reflection on how your contractions will be. For some women they are just tightening's of the tummy and completely painless.

I actually started feeling BH at about 19/20 weeks. They are tightening of the belly and they feel uncomfortable but usually not painful (until closer to birth). For me: my belly gets hard and tight and I feel super restricted. Sometimes I get a crazy urge to pee depending on babies movements during the BH.

Technically, you start BH at 6 weeks pregnancy. You just don't feel them until later.

Hope that helps!!

Your stomach gets really really tight and then eventually releases can be quite uncomfortable at times. I got them from 16 weeks with first pregnancy and certain things used to trigger them like having a full bladder x

your tummy tightens and all of a sudden you need a wee x

I get them when I'm walking. My whole tummy tightens and usually there's no pain but the only thing that makes it relax is if I sit down/rest. Don't worry if you never get them, some women don't feel them the whole pregnancy. Technically I think you still get them whether you feel it or not, but it's normal to feel them and it's also totally normal not to. You'd be lucky...for me they really restrict my activity level.

My definition I'd as if baby is holding the strings to a drawstring bag and she starts to pull uni it's really tight then suddenly let's go. Everything goes rock hard but painless... I'd even say I like the feeling, then back t normal as if it ever happened x

I think I was getting them yesterday! I'm not too sure. I was walking and I felt my tummy tighten so much I had a hard time walking. I was hanging on to my boyfriend. It was definitely uncomfortable and somewhat painful.

I have found braxton hicks to be uncomfortable and painful both times now. The first time, they were uncomfortable. This time, they are truly painful. I'm wondering if it's because my uterine muscles have been stretched out from the first time so the resistance is less making me feel more.

Anyway, it's a tightening of the belly basically. It can happen on just one side even. Usually it starts at the top of your bump and moves downward. It lasts for about maybe 30 seconds and then goes away. There is usually just one here and there. Drinking water does seem to help.

I find myself getting kind of out of breath when I have one and I also feel it isn't easy to move. Having been in labor and knowing what real contractions feel like, I still think that for me braxton hicks are just as uncomfortable as the real thing. Actually some of my real contractions were less painful than my braxton hicks contractions had been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->