Can someone help me to help my LO move into his own room?

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
LO has had 2 naps in his own room today with no problem.

I have done our usual bedtime routine, and put him to sleep in his own room, and he wont stop screaming! He normally goes down no problem.

He is feeling a little under the weather, I think he has a cold. I let him cry for 15 mins before going in and giving him some Calpol, but he was instantly smiley when I went in to give it to him. So I don't think he's screaming cos he's poorly, is it because of the change?

x

I'm afraid I can't give you any advice but I know your pain! My lo would not sleep in his own room! I felt I had left it too late (he was 5 months when we tried) he is six months now and we have moved his cot into our room. X

Oh my! You've had to put him back in your room?

It really doesn't help that I want him in my room anyway! I'm a single mum, and have no real incentive to move him, and love falling asleep to him breathing.

He has now been crying for over an hour. He is refusing a boob, he isn't too hot, or too cold, he has a clean bum. All I can think is he doesn't like his own room?!

How old is he? I never wanted to put him in his own room as well! My husband insisted, but he didn't get his own way as yes he is back in our bedroom. I'm sure he won't be in there forever but as soon as he was in there he was much more settled.
I like him to sleep by me in the bed too. Xx

My son is 8.5 months!

Friends and family persuaded me eventually. I would of had him in his cot next to my bed for the foreseeable future, but people kept saying I was making a rod for my own back, and that he would be harder to transfer the older he got.

I love hearing him snuffle and breath in the night, but I'm pretty sure I have started disturbing him in the night, when I go to get into bed, and during the night (dare I say I might actually snore!)

It will be the first night he hasn't slept next to me (or inside me) since he was conceived :cry:

I suppose one good thing is I can read a book/watch TV in bed. No man for me unfortunately!

Dare I say it... He seems to have gone quiet!

x

Well good luck! I felt the same when I put him in his own room! I felt he had never been that far away from me! My lo is only 6 months so I'm sure I will have to think about moving him again soon!
I would happily move my husband into the nursery and just have me and lo in our room ;)
Fair play to you doing it by yourself! Since having my lo I have a massive new found respect for mothers doing it by themselves! X

Rooster100- Thank you for your kind words. I often wonder how I do it too! Being a mum is tough, with or without the support of a partner. Tell your hubby you will redecorate the nursery into a games room and he can sleep in there!

Midnight_Fairy- My friends made me feel like I was making a fuss about "moving him to the other side of the corridor", but I have actually found it to be one of the biggest, most distressing changes I have had to make since being a mum. Almost like its the first "letting go" I have had to do.

x

My boy is six months and in our room and up until recently awoke in the night still once for a feed. This was my 'excuse'...I did infact seek the opinion of this forum and was reminded that six months is the MINIMUM advised, not the 'time to move out' age I had been panicking about and treating it as. In the last fortnight between me being firmer and LO naturally being less interested in that one feed, it's dropped off. Trouble is my OH is quite ok with him in our room so I just let it happen! I think once he is aware we are there/peeks out or stands up we might be in bother so need to consider my options. But like you, the snuffling, moving and breathing comforts me. He still occasionally grumbles and wants the soother back in there's my excuse for now! :) amazingly I'm usually a grin and bear it/get on with it person but not with this. Try him a bit longer and see how u feel x

ah bless you u poor mamma. I say do what you like. if you want him in your room, have him there, your baby. dont listen to your fam.
I have no intention of putting my lo in own room for ages, as I would prob end up sleeping on the nursery floor! ! lol. they so lickle :(

Things got better for all of us when dd went into her own room. She sleeps a solid 12 hours and, personally, I like DH and I having our own private space. That isn't right for everyone though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->