Can someone help me understand!!!

lauzacookie

Reaction score
Hey so im living in greece and just returned from 2nd visit on the stress machine the one they strap u down and read stomach for 30 min, after doc told me im having pain (im presuming he meant contractions) and im ready in my month, hes been asking me how i sleep ect, and checked to c if water had broke which it hadnt, he told me if i show blood or my waters break to go straight to hospital, if not i need to go back after weekend, what does thiis all mean is the baby actually on the way, or do all docs do this?? as for the pain i got a sore back and it hurts when i walk but thought that was just the baby, arent contractions meant to be agony????

That is confusing. It's hard to say. For me I never was hooked up to one of those machines. At 38 weeks I was 2 cm and then at 39 weeks I was 4cm. I never had any pain or Braxton hicks or anything to get me to that point. That was a Monday and then Thursday night there was no mistaking I was in labor. All of a sudden I had period like cramps times 100. I literally keeled over, couldn't talk or do anything while having these contractions. They were coming every 2-3 minutes apart. I called hospital to make sure it was labor X'D It was my first I didn't know. They had me come in, hooked me up on the monitor to check contractions and no doubt. Got epidural and doctor checked me I was at a 5cm.

I'm not sure how far along you are, but I would assume your body is gearing up to have baby maybe within a few days to a few weeks. I don't think you are in labor yet.

over here they tend to induce labour as there is only 1 hospital over an hour away on the island, the machine moniters the baby and moniters me and it comes out on paper, that was the thing showing contractions aparently i looked it up allthough mild now

Contractions aren't always painful, nor are they painful for all women. However, the big ones will definitely take your breath away regardless of the pain level.

I think I've been having more BH than I always feel--sometimes the baby will move and THEN it feels like I'm in the middle of one. So I was having a contraction, but my muscles weren't really letting me know until the baby pressed against them. Weird, I know, but there you go.

its getting worse as the night goes on feels like i got period cramping shooting down my legs every hour or so and like a little pain running up from vag to top of tummy, not really painfull yet so will c xxxxxx

That sounds like it could be the start of real contractions, if they're regular. If they start getting closer together, I'd call the doctor. Some women have mild contractions and basically skip the stereotypical "early labor" stage - they get up to 4cm over the course of a few days to a few weeks without any pain, and then go into active labor, so they don't necessarily have to be agony.

As for telling you what symptoms to watch for and monitoring for contractions, I think that sounds normal if you're that far from a hospital. They don't want you giving birth on the side of the road on the way there, so they're just keeping a close eye on you. In the US (don't know about Greece), you're considered "term" but not "full term" at 37 weeks, and baby can decide to come anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks, so it makes sense that he'd start watching you closely now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->