Can someone help? Oct will be a year TTC

angelwings85

Reaction score
Hey im new to this site.

My partner and i have been TTC for almost a year. Didn't realise until recently and it hit me like a pile of bricks.

Couldn't believe it had been that long. Not sure what to do now. I know i should go to the DR but the prospect of being told im infertile really scares me and im sure how i would react.

I met my partner 3 years ago, stopped taking the pill due to health reasons about two years ago. I have alsways had regular non-problematic periods and i thought (naively) that i would never have any problems. My mother had irregular periods and also endometriosis which caused her problems but she had my brothers and i no problem! Could even say she had trouble not falling pregnant..

So why can't i fall pregnant. I know this sounds bad but even if i had a mc or something at least i would that it was possible and trying would be the answer.

I know im over reacting or worrying too much, but i just need to speak to people in the same position as me. All my friends are falling pregnant or have had babies and don't really understand. they all say don't worry it will happen, but that is easy for someone who has kids to say!!"!

Sorry for the rant just needed to get that off my chest.

Hi there. I know pretty much what you are going through. I am 20 now and have fallen pregnant once (at 14) and my body rejected my baby and since then I have not been successful at the baby making thing,not saying I don't try. My first boyfriend has now got a child to he's gf so can't be he's fault. My ex fiance and I tried for over 2 years to conceive but nothing. I am now dating the love of my life and we havedecided now that we should try for a child. My partner is 26 and has epilepsy and is on numerous pills to controll it which stops us from being able to get him tested for fertility. I have had a PAP test and and results were fine...I had an pelvic exam over a year ago and that was fine also. Leaves me feeling pretty useless considering I'm the 2nd eldest of 8 children and I so badly want to make my partner a daddy. Anyway I would love to hear back from you and maybe talk a little more so let me know if you still need a buddy :) I'm more then happy to talk. Thanks for reading everything I wrote. X talk soon,I hope.

Hey. I feel the same way. October marks the 1 year point for my DH and I also. Every month it doesn't happen I get more upset and worried. My DH and I are in our early 20's, so when we decided to start trying I assumed that it would just happen right away. It seems to happen for every one else around me so easily and no one in my family has ever really had trouble conceiving. It hurts so much knowing how badly my DH wants a baby and I feel like its my fault and im a failure for not being able to start the family we both want. I NEVER thought that I would be one of the people in tears and devasted because im not getting pregnant. I never thought it would be so hard.

hey, im definitely in the same boat, though i have gone to see the doctor an have had testing done, october marks 2 years for me and i cant help but feel like a failure every month that goes by and it doesnt happen. so many people around me including many family member are pregnant or have just recently had their babies and its killing me that i cant experience that! i never thought it would be this hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->