Can someone please help me:(! Fluid leaking???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Pessimistic, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Pessimistic

Pessimistic Well-Known Member

:cry: I'm getting myself all worked up can someone please advise me!
    I was sat down watching tv then I got up and some fluid came out of my vagina(sorry tmi), It soaked through my knickers and through my leggings, it wasn't A LOT but enough to worry me, it didn't look like discharge it was just like water really, didn't smell etc. I've tried calling my midwife but she is just going to answerphone! :hissy:
    I don't have any pain, I've had discharge leak before but that hasn't bothered me, although I'm worried now as this was more like water/fluid.

Someone help? My Fiance is currently trying to get through to Delivery Suite.

2. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

gosh hun ive no idea, defo not wee is it ? keep trying to get thro if not i wud go to ANE,but ive no idea sry xx

3. first alien

first alien Well-Known Member

seems like you are doing the right thing in calling for help. hope all is well xx

4. Pessimistic

Nah as I smelt it(lol) it smells of nothing and is colourless. The delivery suite have told me to wear a pad and see if it soaks through within an hour, if so to call back. The woman said could be the baby putting pressure on bladder?

5. MummyBurgo

MummyBurgo I love my boys x

Ring NHS direct if you are worried they seem to be pretty good whenever I have needed so advice.

6. whitelilly

whitelilly Mummy :)

You know, I almost peed myself yesterday a little bit because the baby was putting pressure on my bladder. Kind of an uncontrolable feeling so bladder leakage is entirely possible. xx

7. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

I have no clue hon, but I would just keep calling :/ good luck!

8. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

aw gosh, maybe it is very very weak wee cos of baby pushing down uknow hun FX anyways, keep us updated xx

9. tmr1234

tmr1234 Guest

the fluid around the baby has a smell to it i think if i rember it is sweet smelling. it will just be bubs pushing down and u had a leak

10. Peanut78

Peanut78 Mum of 2

It may well still only be urine as Honey suggests. Apparently it is very easy to confuse the two especially as we are prone to release small amounts of wee. I read somewhere that if it remains a more "continous leak" it may be amniotic fluid.
    But good you are having it checked.
    Big hug
    xx

11. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

any news ? x

12. purple_socks

purple_socks Guest

Apparently the fluid around the baby smells like almonds (so i've been told- never smelt it myself)

Hope everythings alright x

13. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

Hi
    I had leaking fluids with last pregnancy and it does have a smell to it, you have two sets of waters one behind the baby and one in front so could be your back waters what are leaking if it is i wouldnt worry as long as your others are still their there is no harm to the baby. If you go to a&e they can see the water you are losing and they test it to see what it is, hope everything is ok xx

14. Gabrielle

Gabrielle Mum of 2! Pg with # 3!

Any news sweetie?

Amino fluid has a pretty distince smell to it...so if it didn't smell thats a good sign. It smells more fruity. I'd go in regardless all they have to do is take a strip of ph paper and test it on the fluid..then they'll know whether it's your fluid or not.

Good luck and hope all is well!

15. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

There is a simple non invisive test they will do to check if your leaking your waters try not to stress ....i would just go get checked ...xxxx

16. Pessimistic

Hi girls sorry I have taken a while to get back to you all I haven't been online!

I kept trying to get through to my Midwife but just went to answer phone(typical..) so I called the Delivery Suite at the hospital and the woman said it is probably the baby pushing down on my bladder. She told me to wear a pad and if it soaks in an hour to call back, anyway I did this and I have since had no more so I'm guessing what she suggested was right.

I'm so relieved! I was so worried as this is my first pregnancy so who knows what is normal and what isn't? I get worried over the slightest thing! :dohh:

Thanks everyone for the help and concern!!! :hug:

17. purple_socks

purple_socks Guest

Glad everythings alright hun...i wouldn't worry i've had so many random panics over the slightest little wind pain or funny feeling! i'm sure its totally normal for first timers like us to b panic pots (infact i could imagine still being like it in any future pregnancies too) :p

18. Aidedhoney

Aidedhoney Mum of Nats & Alex

Glad to hear things are good. Its a whole rollercoaster of a ride this pregnancy game eh xxxx