Can someone PLEASE help me? Maternity Allowance question.

Mamoosca

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've received an email from work this morning informing me that i'm not entitled to SMP after they have been telling me consistently since I informed them i'm pregnant at 8 weeks that I am :cry:

I'm due in 2 weeks and have no idea how long this is going to take to sort out. I can't afford to not receive any money when I should have been starting maternity leave on my due date.

Can anyone help me?

The same has happened to me so ive filled the forms and sent off... not sure how long it will take im guessing not ages! Its the same as smp ive gathered just not paid from you're works. Get those forms filled out and sent off :) Fingers crossed we wont be waiting too long!!

Go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau and ACAS.

What are their reasons for saying you're not entitled?

From memory you will get something similar to SMP from the government if you don't get it from your employers so don't worry.

Thanks guys. I had my first LO last year and ended up getting BFP #2 slightly earlier than planned so they're saying I won't have been back at work long enough, which is fair enough, but I wish they had told me earlier so I could get it sorted. My mat pay is due to start in 2 weeks.

The forms came back for me within a week then I have to wait until I want to take my leave to send some final forms back then they have said they will pay around two weeks later

X

Get the forms now and fill them out, you will need an SMP1 form from your employer that says why you won't get SMP then send that off with 11 weeks or 3 months worth of wages slips (from any period in the last 66 weeks so choose your highest wages) along with your MATB1 form from your MW

X

Get the forms now and fill them out, you will need an SMP1 form from your employer that says why you won't get SMP then send that off with 11 weeks or 3 months worth of wages slips (from any period in the last 66 weeks so choose your highest wages) along with your MATB1 form from your MW

X

Do they have to be consecutive wage slips or can I send any random 3? x

Am having the same problem now! I sent my matb1 form to my employer when I was 25 weeks pregnant, in my first pregnancy I recieved my confirmation letter back within a couple of weeks!! This time is a totally different matter, i am 38 weeks and 4 days and still dont know if I will b getting paid (am in the same position, my Lo is only 10 months old) am just fuming about how incompetent they are!! I've called them mayb 10 times and get told the person who deals with it is off, she will ring u back tomorrow, tomorrow never comes!! Alls I need too know is if I need too apply for maternity allowance!! Talk about stress xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->