Can someone please tell me how to successfully fry an egg?!

Leafy

Reaction score
It either breaks or sticks to the pan and then gets destroyed!! How do you make them properly? :blush:

How do you want to make them? Over easy? For any of my eggs, I put vegetable oil in the pan and spread it around with a paper towel. Then I let the stove warm up and put the pan on. I crack the egg and put it in and wait for the bottom to solid. Then I flip it! Does that make sense? :flower:

you can always steam them instead! I put a table spoon of butter in the pan first, crack the egg in.. and then put a couple teaspoons of cold water in the lid of the pain, and put it on the pan.. the cold water will create a lot of steam and it will cook the egg bottom AND top so you don't have to flip it :thumbup:

A good non-stick frying pan is your best tool.

A bit of oil and away your go.

V xx

A good non-stick frying pan is your best tool.

A bit of oil and away your go.

V xx

Yup :thumbup:

Don't try doing it in a crap pan with no non-stick as it'll never work! :flower:

I think I need to get a better frying pan!

And make sure your not cooking it at too high a temp or it will just stick and get crispy.

I have a nonstick skillet that I use only for eggs. I always spray plenty of Pam, let it heat up, and then put the egg in and it's super easy to flip that way!

yeah, the main idea is to flip the egg as fast as possible.. because if you go slow and take your time, it will end up a mess. ALSO, a good spatula! I've had really shitty spatulas before that just RUIN eggs.

My brother was a chef back in the day, and he told me 3 tips:

Use a non stick pan.

Don't heat the pan for too long before putting the egg in. The key is to start almost from cold.

Don't hesitate. Like with pancakes, if you hesitate they go all wrong!

Good luck :D x x

Good pan. Good METAL flipper. Plastic one never works for me. Make sure its cooked long enough before flipping it! I just started making good eggs

I use an old fashioned cast iron pan, you have to make sure it is seasoned (and cared for) and a little butter (or canola oil - I am not a fan of vegetable oil as I am trying to watch my B/P ). I never really cared to cook my egg properly :) poached eggs is good too

I use loads of oil, keep the heat on low, crack the egg in and let it cook slowly, I don't flip Cus I like a runny yolk and if you do it that way all the White cooks fine and you army left with any slimy bits, and you don't get any horrible crispy bits x

Tap the shell gently with a knife to crack it, put your thumbs in the crack and pull it apart and plonk it in the pan. Every other method causes the yolk to break in my experience!
When the bottom has cooked I fold the white over the yolk and flip it, this makes sure the yolk cooks evenly, stays runny and doesn't break. It just doesn't look as cute.

I'm very serious about my fried eggs :lol:

Use eggs that have been out of the fridge for a while, use a non stick pan and plenty oil, crack on an edge and away you go :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->